1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Deal on a Blizzard Plow?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Joey D, Mar 5, 2003.

1. Joey D

Joey D Senior Member

For those looking for one this weeks want ad has a guy selling his last 2 for $3000 installed. It is the last ad in the truck parts section.
  2. Wesley's Lawn

Wesley's Lawn Senior Member

Which models and how old?
  3. Joey D

Joey D Senior Member

Thats all the ad says.
  4. fastjohnny

fastjohnny Senior Member

blizzard plow cost

If it is an 810, it is a great deal, if it is a standard 7.5 or 8 foot plow, it is nothing special.

Also, make sure it is a current model, if it is an early version, new old stock, model year 99, it would require some modification and beafing up in order to bring it up to close to current specs. I have a 99 model, and have done upgrades, and been well satisfied, but I would encourage you not to use a 99 model, without reinforcing it like the newer ones are.

Let us know what you find.

\_______/ (810 in bucket position):D
  5. Wilburn Parks

Wilburn Parks PlowSite.com Veteran

What are the upgrades and reinforcing needed to the 99 models? I've made some but would like to know if there are any I missed.
  6. fastjohnny

fastjohnny Senior Member

Basically what I did to mine was set it next to a 2002 model, and fabricate all structural components that were of heavier material on the 02, including adding structural plate around the king pin, reinforcing the ears on the a frame, etc, etc. Most of the things I did used steel plate from 1/4 to 1/2 inch thick, I was able to do all this myself, as I have the approp equipment, including welder, torch etc.

Jerry Heyer also has had some postings about this, do a search by his name, and he has a list of some of the technical mods.