1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Dead Unimount Joystick

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by Terminalvelocit, Jan 21, 2013.

1. Terminalvelocit

Terminalvelocit Junior Member

Hello All, I have an OLD 1991 or so Unimount with the cable joystick control on one of my trucks. The problem that I am having is I get no response from my joystick.....unless I jump the selonoid from the pump motor positive side to the wire that comes into the truck and powers the joystick. I have power inside all of the time, I have replaced the pump motor, 2 selonoids (in case I got a bad one) and the part inside the control that hooks to the cables and the joystick (I forget what it is called). Any help would be greatly appreciated, as none of my local dealers have a clue!!

Thanks,
    Tony

2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

well the joystick inside the tk is gnd, and the solenoid under the hood is pos. so when you perform an operation the joystick sends neg to the solenoind and closes the contacts. you should have a small jumper wire going from batt pos side to a small terminal

3. Terminalvelocit

Terminalvelocit Junior Member

Thank you for your reply

I am trying to figure out why I don't have a ground? I do have that jumper in place. This unit has worked fine for the last 3 years of ownership and after sitting all summer is when this problem started happening. For some reason I am not getting a ground? I put a ground from the base of the selonoid to the negative ( was told to try that from a Western dealer) and still nothing? I am no eletrician, but I can't even start to figure out what happened. Any ideas would be helpful. I only have the back plate from the joystick control to replace, but I am getting power to that and don't see anything wrong with it??

4. Jerre Heyer

Jerre Heyer Senior Member

Call 814-881-4093 I'll walk you thru it.