1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

(Dead) Star 9200SQ rebuilt to 9200SQV

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by Maine_Train, Jan 21, 2010.

1. Maine_Train

Maine_Train Senior Member

With parts purchased from John at Safety Lighting (and free advice from John about how to deal with a strain relief bushing), I have rebuilt a Star 9200SQ (strobe, Quad Flash) mini-bar. It now has vacuum/magnet mounting for its new power supply to sit on.
    I haven't finished wiring up the lighter cord yet, but I just tested the light bar. Works like a charm, as the saying goes.
    When I get the power cable all soldered and sealed, and plop it on top of my truck, I'll take a short video of it.
    Besides John, I also want to thank Too Stroked and Dissociative for their input on this project. :salute:

2. Too Stroked

Too Stroked Senior Member

Glad I could be of some help!

3. SafetyLighting

SafetyLighting Senior Member

Good job. Don't burn yourself! LOL.

4. Maine_Train

Maine_Train Senior Member

If I remember correctly, you hold the part of the iron where the cord comes in, right? Not that pointy metal part? :jester:

5. SafetyLighting

SafetyLighting Senior Member

LOLOL, cord? I thought you had to hold the tip in the flame to get it red hot!