1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Dead plow clicking relay.

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by AnnesLimo, Mar 7, 2008.

1. AnnesLimo

AnnesLimo Junior Member

Hi y'all. Just in an effort to be a little lazy :sleeping: I'm throwing my recent problem out here for help. I hooked up and started rolling today with my 8 year old Predator 24D with wireless remote and viola she went dead on me! Now I do get clicking from the relays when pushin my buttons but the blade she no moves up down or sideways...

Now since it's cold out there and snowin like a biotch :redbounce I have yet to locate and or test the circuit breaker or fuse (don't see a fuse listed in the wiring schematic) but I plan on checking that in daylight. My real concern is that I saw an arc on the frame mount at the pins when I hooked her up tonight :confused:. Typically I'd say I have a grounding problem in the harness at the disconnect??? Could that be my problemo instead of the breaker?

Any help is appreciated as it is still snowing and by the AM I'll be shoveling 8" :nono: instead of pushing it like I should be!

2. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Based oon your observation of the arcing I'd agree bad ground.

If not check the 12v motor sol.

3. AnnesLimo

AnnesLimo Junior Member

Thanks basher, that's what I'm thinking and fearing. Trouble shooting a bad ground is more work then replacing a fuse...

4. AnnesLimo

AnnesLimo Junior Member

OK, so I go out this morning and fire up the truck and the plow now operates??? Should I be leaning towards a failing circuit breaker? Obviously since the motor runs and blade moves the solinoid is working...

5. rhkfwain

rhkfwain Senior Member
    from FWA, IN

I would still check the ground. I have seen plows with bad grounds work intermittently just as yours seems to be doing.

6. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

That arc completed the ground. Don't wait for it to fail again before you fix it.