1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Dead Battery

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by plowwithdodge, Nov 29, 2012.

1. plowwithdodge

plowwithdodge Junior Member

Good evening all,

Here is the story I have a 2005 F250 which I just had a used BOSS plow installed on. The problem is that something is drawing down the battery while it sits and killing it. First attempt to fix the problem was to replace the battery since it was older. Thank did not work and again today dead battery. Never had this problem before plow was installed.

This is my second truck, and it is not used day to day. It normally sits for a couple of days in between starts. or attempts! Any suggestions? Thanks
  2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

On a fresh install it's usually caused by the installer connecting the black/red keyed ignition wire to a constant hot source instead if an ignition only hot source. When that is done the plow relay pack drains the battery.