1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

De-icer StorageTanks

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by fslm, Oct 24, 2011.

1. fslm

fslm Junior Member

Where can i get deicer storage tanks in michigan? I would like to pick them up if i could but any suggestions would be helpfull. I need 2000 gallon tanks or bigger. Anyone have any place that i could go? Whats the ave,.price on one of these too? Thx in advanceussmileyflag
  2. rblake

rblake Senior Member
    from dayton

try a ag dealer. they usually sell them
  3. White Gardens

White Gardens 2000 Club Member

Ha! Saw this thread and was going to say the same thing.

If you are going to store the tank inside you might be able to save some money and buy a tank that is non-UV protected.

If it's out-side though, I'd definitively get one that isn't going to degrade in the sun.

4. fslm

fslm Junior Member

Thanks for the info. I'll defintly keep that in mind. but i still need a place to buy a tank.
  5. rblake

rblake Senior Member
    from dayton

I dont know if there is alot of farming done in your area, but just look around for a business that sells tractors, sprayers and farming equipment. There are hundreds of companies online that sell them also. We store ours outside so we purchased the protected tanks.
  6. Plow man Foster

Plow man Foster PlowSite.com Addict

7. bharkness

bharkness Junior Member

Call Fertilizer Dealer Supply in Morrice he carries all sizes and will deliver at very good prices 800-565-4716.
    Brad Michigan Chloride Sales LLC.
  8. EliteSnow&Ice

EliteSnow&Ice Senior Member

Here is what i got set up at the moment. I have 33- 275 gallon totes giving me just over 9000 gallons. I paid $1500 for all of them

9. Plow man Foster

Plow man Foster PlowSite.com Addict

hahah.. my liquid distributer suggested this option to me as well! Im like... Um... i wil just take the big tank instead!

Now i know why those tote have cages on theM! Never seen them bulged out like that!
    MAN thats gotta be a PITA To Fill all of those! Im sure you loose alot just while filling them up.
    Pretty good deal on that setup since you're makin it work!
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2011
  10. cycles13

cycles13 Junior Member

11. Rob From APE

Rob From APE Junior Member

We can help you out with your storage tanks. Have them drop shipped right to your door. Give me a ring and lets see what we can work up for you.
  12. cycles13

cycles13 Junior Member

13. AndersonCS

AndersonCS Member

Most ag co-ops have these. They store their herbicides in them being they buy in bulk
  14. Digger63

Digger63 Member

I also use plastic septic tanks, sizes from 1000 to 1500 gallons, you fill and empty from the top but they are easy to store and have an easy resell value