1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

DDM LED light electrical plug

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by oldmankent, Dec 29, 2011.

1. oldmankent

oldmankent PlowSite.com Addict

anyone have a source for the plugs that come on these lights? If not I'll just use some others. They seem decent though, so thought I would try to match them. Thanks, nick.

2. Vermonsterpedia

Vermonsterpedia Junior Member
    from NEK VT

I also recently purchased these lights...and the LED wiring harness DDM sells.

Turns out the connectors on the harness (9006) don't fit the lights. They are sending another harness that will still require splicing to make it (half) fit.

Their site still has the harness up with no note it won't fit the lights.

The connectors on my lights are marked Tyco B8
    I think these are Tyco superseal connectors. Am trying to get more info. If I find it, will post here.

Errol

3. oldmankent

oldmankent PlowSite.com Addict

Just cut them off and put in some weather pack plugs. I think they are better anyway. Way more available than the Tyco...

4. Vermonsterpedia

Vermonsterpedia Junior Member
    from NEK VT

Had I known the LED harness DDM sells wouldn't fit I would have done precisely that and made up my own harness. May still go that route but will at least want to see how easily I can get the appropriate Tycos.