1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

dd 8611pp ?'s

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by snorider075, Sep 10, 2010.

1. snorider075

snorider075 Senior Member

Has anybody had good or bad luck with dd 8611pp. Thinkn about getting one for my 2011 f350. Had the pre dd power plowliked it but seemed to be blowing hoses every other storm. Please any input would be helpful. Thanks in adance.

2. wizardsr

wizardsr PlowSite.com Addict

You might want to find a little bit smaller plow for your F350. An 8611lp or 810 is better suited for a 1-ton than a 1500lb 8611.

Not sure why you'd be plowing hoses every other storm unless they were getting pinched, or you were whacking something hard is a clogged relief valve. In 5 years of running blizzards, I have yet to blow a hose.

3. snorider075

Ok will note the lp for the f350 my mis reading on the blizzard site. But do you see any flaws that would caution you away from them after the D&D take over?

4. viper881

viper881 Senior Member

I just got the lp for my hd. Ill let you know how it works out

5. Pristine PM ltd

Pristine PM ltd PlowSite Veteran

I was just talking to someone about this today. He was hearing alot of issues about the quality of the metal. It isn't as thick as the pre DD. The DD rep seemed honest that he felt the new design is better, but I am not sold yet.

6. Triple L

Triple L PlowSite Fanatic
    from Canada

Or maby thier using Snoway Steel now :D ;)

7. snorider075

Are we talking thinner then the western or the same metal?

8. wizardsr

Less steel + cheaper manufacturing costs + interchangeable parts with other junk products = more profits. Just the way DD rolls. They don't seem to grasp the concept of making a quality product that will keep customers coming back.

I sure like my Pre-DD plows. Gotta take good care of them as I don't know what I'm going to do if/when they finally end up in the scrap yard... The new blizzards certainly aren't made like they used to be, and the asinine changing of the mounts and wiring screws the interchangeability with other plows in the fleet, without buying a whole bunch of new plows in one shot. I won't even mention the "brilliance" of the new electronic controls, isolation modules, multiplex wiring, etc. that kills field serviceability forcing you to go spend the big bucks at a dealer when you have a small issue...

9. snorider075

wizardsr is there a plow that is out there now that you would consider?

10. Mr.Freezzz

Mr.Freezzz Member
    from Utah

I got a D8M Cat that will handle any snow you throw at it. It leaves nice grooves in the asphalt to for better traction and sleep waves. All the plows today seem like a rip off to me I'm just looking at them all and nothing seems to sell me on any of them.

11. wizardsr

Yeah, what he said.

I honestly can't say what I'd buy if I were buying new. Luckily I'm not in the market for another plow this year, but even if I was, I'd by looking hard for a decent used PH1 blizzard.

12. snorider075

true. thanks

13. Pinky Demon

Pinky Demon PlowSite.com Addict
    from Ohio

How close are you to a Blizzard dealer Wizard?

14. wizardsr

The closest "real" dealer that stocks any parts is an hour away.