1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Daytime running lights

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by plownAl, Feb 9, 2009.

1. plownAl

plownAl Junior Member

I have a Meyers STP 7.5 with Saber lights on a 2005 silverado.
    The fuse from the DRL module keeps blowing. The DRL on the vehicle work fine, but the plow has no DRL. Anyone have any clues before I start digging into the wiring. I'm thinking it is a bad ground somewhere. All modules are the correct ones for that particular vehicle.
    This is a new plow with all new wiring.
    Before any of you ask "why don't you take it back to the ones who installed it?"

I got the truck and plow off of a car dealer who installed the plow. When I picked it up the left arrow moved the plow right and the right arrow moved the plow left, so the very first thing I had to do was switch the hoses.No biggie. Next thing I had to do was set the "down" speed so it wasn't slamming the ground every time I pushed the "down" arrow.

So I ask you... If the dealed cannot handle those two minor issues before it left the dealership, do you really think he can handle an electrical problem??,,,,,,,,,,,Me neither.