1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Daytime Running Lights

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by bobingardner, Nov 14, 2004.

1. bobingardner

bobingardner Senior Member

Does anyone know if the installation of a plow affects the operation of the daytime running lights? I just noticed mine aren't working with or without the plow installed. I already checked the fuse and it's OK. I think they were working after the plow was installed but I don't recall when the last time was that I checked.
  2. Young Pup

Young Pup PlowSite Fanatic

I have the daytime lamps as well. They work just fine on my truck. With the plow on or off. Could they have unplugged them? Other than that cannot help you much.

3. bobingardner

Thanks JP. I didn't think to check the connection. If that's not it I'll call the dealer. Fortunetly they installed the plow.
  4. flykelley

flykelley 2000 Club Member

On my 2001 Chevy 3/4 HD I have a switch on my dash,left it turns on the plow lights,Right the truck lights.so if the plow is off the truck and my switch is in the left position my truck lights will not work. Look at something along that lines.

Regards Mike
  5. sonjaab

sonjaab PlowSite.com Addict

My PIA DRLS work with or without the plow on.

Could be the dealer made a boo-boo...........geo
  6. bobingardner

Thanks for the help guys. I couldn't find the switch Mike described so I looked for it in the owners manual. I had read the section on DRLs before posting but failed to turn the page so I missed the part where it says that putting the transmission into Park turns off the lights. DOH! :rolleyes:
  7. Young Pup

Young Pup PlowSite Fanatic

oops. Thanks for the laugh. That never even crossed my mind. Glad it was as simple as that.
  8. Tarkus

Tarkus PlowSite.com Addict

On the 99 back OBS GM trucks there is a relay in a socket near emergancy brake that you can pull out, bend one of the coil tabs flat and insert it back in to socket and disable DRL lights for good. I did on mine anyway when it was new.