1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Day time running light harness western plow

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by dieselfreak, Aug 21, 2009.

1. dieselfreak

dieselfreak Member

I dont know exactly where to put this but i hope its here i just installed a western unimount on my 97 ford f150 but i am having trouble with the wiring harness because everything is there but the drl harness 61584 from western, my truck has DRL and was just wondering if i needed this harness or could i by pass it and still hook up the regular harness with out the DRL harness and keep the DRL when my plow is off. any help would be appreciated mckenzie

2. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

You can make your own, just takes some wire, 3AG5 inline fuse and 2 female spade terminals.

3. dieselfreak

dieselfreak Member

ok what wires do i connect them to?

4. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

Come off a keyed hot with the inline fuse, at the relays go to terminal 86 (where the brown wire would go) on both relays (you will have to jump from one to the other just like the brown wire is), do not plug the brown wire into the relays and you good to go.

5. dieselfreak

dieselfreak Member

ok cool thanks a lot appreciate it