1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by bigdaddyspags, Oct 18, 2006.

1. bigdaddyspags

bigdaddyspags Junior Member
    from ME

What dates is your plowing contract good for? I'm in New England, so is Nov - April too early, too late, or just right?
  2. BDB

BDB Senior Member

Are you doing per month contracts or per push? Mine say Oct 15 to Apr 15. You could do a 1 year contract Oct 1st to Sept. 30 and that will cover it all. You can tell them they are covered for that time period. Or even 2 yr, 3 yr, ..... its really up to you. Monthy I get paid in 5 months and covers them for a 1 year period. Nov-March Salt is always per time!
  3. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

For Maine, Nov 1st to Apr 30 is pretty typical. Except northern Maine - Jan 1st to Dec 31st.;) .
  4. 4x4Farmer

4x4Farmer Senior Member

Same up here in North Dakota, usually Nov. 1st through April covers it. I was hoping this thread was gonna be about hooking up guys like me with hot chicks!, lol it was titled Dates, so I didn't know, lol. :drinkup:
  5. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

November should be fine, but if you want to be extra careful go with Oct. 15 to May 1. Just in case.