1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Dash, switch boxes pics lets see them!

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by grosser397, Nov 23, 2009.

1. grosser397

grosser397 Senior Member

here is mine on my 04 HD notice the custom touch :)

Photo-0048.jpg

Photo-0049.jpg

2. mike6256

mike6256 Senior Member

3. SuperdutyShane

SuperdutyShane PlowSite.com Addict

Pretty cool looking. Lots of switches there!

4. KL&M Snow Div.

KL&M Snow Div. PlowSite.com Addict

I'll try to get some of mine soon.

5. highridge

highridge Member

Heres my switches. Almost time for more

DSCI0052.jpg

6. fordmstng66

fordmstng66 Senior Member

These are the only switches i have, did not want a bulky box hanging from under the dash.

Picture 001.jpg

7. KL&M Snow Div.

Switches look good, I personally prefer the under dash boxes, to me its more of a "work" setup I guess you could call it.

8. jmac5058

jmac5058 Senior Member

The work look may be nice in a 94 f150 but in your 08 $45k silverado a box bolted to your dash is hard to do to your cremepuff.I cant bring myself to put the old controlls in my new truck and was wondering where you got those switches and do they tell you if there on or not, do they lite up or something like that?

9. fordmstng66

I bought the switches from Radio shack, and yes they do have a red light to let you know they are on. I took the panel off, and removed the cubby hole from behind, then had a piece of steel cut with some holes. I then cut the cubby a little and used it to hold the panel in. If you want pics i can take it apart and get a few if it helps. I only run led's off the switches, but i think they are a 16 amp rating switch

10. JCI Trans

JCI Trans Senior Member

I used Radio shack lighted toggles on a piece of plexiglass painted black. I've had to rebuild it 3 times because i keep adding stuff and need more switches. Since this pic i have added 1 more. Looks the same, just a bit closer together :nod:

11. JCI Trans

JCI Trans Senior Member

Last edited: Nov 25, 2009
  12. ksmowerman

ksmowerman Junior Member
    from Kansas

Ford- If its not too much trouble, could you snap a couple more pictures for us? I have an 08 NBS chevy, and am wanting to do the same thing. A little bit of info as to exactly take the dash apart with out tearing it up would be greatly appreciated as well. CG

13. fordmstng66

It is not a problem, i wanted to take it apart to hook up the momentery switch. The panel comes out easy, just have to start in a corner and pull carefully. I will try and get more pics today

14. KL&M Snow Div.

Here ya go, please parden the dirtiness. Been way to busy trying to get lawns ready for Thanksgiving to clean it. The box is a Sho-Me
    Switches1.jpg

Switches2.jpg

Switches1.jpg

Switches2.jpg

15. fordmstng66

ksmowerman i took my dash apart and got some pics, hope this helps. Like i said the panel comes off pretty easy, just take your time. The plastic that is all cut up is the original cubby, or pocket that was there from the factory, i cut the front of it out to use it to hold my piece of steel in it. I used 1/4 steel, but that was because i had it water jetted, at the shop my brother works at, and it was in the machine.

Picture 002.jpg

Picture 003.jpg

Picture 004.jpg

Picture 006.jpg

16. ksmowerman

ksmowerman Junior Member
    from Kansas

Ford-, I appreciate you taking the time to take some more pictures. When I get to my personal truck, ( I still have 8 more of my fleet trucks to get ready) I will probably be using your ideas. Thanks a bunch! CG

17. fordmstng66

not a problem, i use this truck as a dailey driver along with being a work truck, and i just could not stand seeing wires, and boxes hanging all over and making my cab look like crap.

18. JDWalkbehind

JDWalkbehind Senior Member

fordmstng66-nice job with the switchs! I agree with you completely about not wanting to see wires and crap hanging all over. The way you did it looks factory. Nice job!

19. fordmstng66

Thanks i was happy the way it turned out, looking like it came from the factory.

20. 02DURAMAX

02DURAMAX PlowSite.com Addict

I think they look like Sh!T!!!!

A sleek look is much better!