1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Dash mounted plow controls

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by superdog1, Sep 28, 2012.

1. superdog1

superdog1 Senior Member

I just bought an 1995 Ford F350 Powerstroke automatic trans. dump from a local school district (only has 37,000 miles on it!!). Anyways, it came with a Diamond 8ft blade. The controls for it are on the dash in a box with rocker switches. This seems like my right arm is gonna' fall off after using this setup for a few hours, constantly reaching up to move the plow.

Does anyone else have this setup, and if so, should I change it to something else?:confused:

2. theplowmeister

theplowmeister 2000 Club Member
    from MA

I mount my control stick on the gear shift. My hand is always there any ways!

3. Plow horse

Plow horse Senior Member

good Idea

You can do anything as long as you have the imagination. There are lots of brackets out there, just look. and if you have a stick shift mounting on the shifter is the best way, he is rite.

4. tailboardtech

tailboardtech Senior Member

One of my old mans trucks he put the 2 switches in a electrical box with a blank cover and about a 3 ft cable he had a tethered remote before Myers ever thought of one. If only he had patented it

5. Plow horse

Plow horse Senior Member

Thats where it comes from.

Yes If Only. Thats a trip, I guess he will patent it next time. BUT thats where all the inventions come from people like US, Making everything Better.

6. DIRISHMAN

DIRISHMAN PlowSite Veteran

Well you answerd your first question,COMFORT and probably the most important is when your in the cab for 8-16 hours you most deffinatly want comfort and eae of use

7. Plow More

Plow More Senior Member

I done did havnt mownted myne yet it jsut gits wedgd betwean the seets when knot in yous otherwize sinse its a handhold controllr i just hold it in my hand while aye shift and its eezy enuf to hit the controlls i knead two when i knead two. Maybee ewe should mayk a handhold unit out uv it and hold it with youre left hand and stear and shift with youre write hand

8. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

My uncle has his Boss controller mounted on the dash of his Dodge 2500. It seams like a really good place for it because it's close to the shifter. I have never tried it though. I personally like holding mu Fish Stick in my left hand. It's all about what's most comfortable for you.

9. DIRISHMAN

Awe the heck wit it just stick one side of the VELCRO to the dash,seats, or where ever you want so you can just stick the controller ay where ya want:D

10. Plow horse

Plow horse Senior Member

Oh push button

Ya I have my myers push button velcro to dash, so is my western, when not in use, and in my right hand or lap when plowing, easy shiftn an auto with the hand held controls. With a stick shift I like mounting the old style little toggle switchs with the extensions on shifter, its a easy game with a good immagination!:mechanic:

11. Holland

Holland Senior Member

wow, think of that all by yourself?

12. show-n-go

show-n-go Senior Member

I gave up after the first 7 words. Just couldn't force myself to decode the rest.

13. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

really, what, uh? you hold your shaft with your right hand while your left hand does what?

14. Plow More

Plow More Senior Member

their is know shaft two hold with a plow controllr

15. DIRISHMAN

Well if ya had flex holder mounted it be different

16. peteo1

peteo1 PlowSite.com Addict

How about reconfiguring it to run off a fisher or western or a boss control? It can't possibly be that difficult but then wiring isn't my strong suit. I'm sure one of these guys around here would know how to do it.

17. DIRISHMAN

westrern,fisher,blizzard are the same Myer, Boss, and Dogg are all different unless you enjoy tracking wires and cutting tem apart