1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Dash light video

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by William B., Jul 31, 2008.

1. William B.

William B. Senior Member
    from S.E. IA

Here is a quick clip I took tonight of my new dash light compared to my old one. The new one is a Tomar 200s high out put. The old light is a Whelen Talon knock off. The new light is on top and the bottom is the old one. I'll try and get a day video tomorrow.

[​IMG]

2. iceyman

iceyman 2000 Club Member

what are you an ambulance guy or somehitng:dizzy:

3. William B.

William B. Senior Member
    from S.E. IA

No I'm a volunteer firefighter. Blue is what we are allowed in Iowa.

4. LawnProLandscapes

LawnProLandscapes PlowSite.com Addict

nice lights they look bright.

5. William B.

William B. Senior Member
    from S.E. IA

Here is a clip doing a day comparison. I know its not an exact setup as I just put the bottom light on there real quick for the video and I also changed the flash patter on the Tomar.

[​IMG]

I must say that I am impressed with the over all construction of this light. I was surprised by the weight of the light. Has a strong case and shield. Also the light shield fits very nicely against the windshield. I have not had a chance to use the light yet other then just turning it on in my driveway at night but I can tell that this light really throws the light out there. Thanks to the guys at ledguy.net.

6. jce4isu

jce4isu Senior Member

thats the dirtest i have ever seen your trucks will ll looks good

7. William B.

William B. Senior Member
    from S.E. IA

Thanks!!

Yes I know. I'm lacking lately in cleaning the truck. Hopefully this weekend I can get a chance to give her a bath.

8. tls22

tls22 PlowSite Veteran

Lights look great Will. You going to plow this year?

9. tls22

tls22 PlowSite Veteran

Bump for Will!ussmileyflag

10. William B.

William B. Senior Member
    from S.E. IA

Thanks. Right now I'm leaning toward getting out of the plowing, at least for me personally. The city has some of us on the FD to help clear the streets at night and I'm thinking of doing that. I'll make some money and not have to worry about beating on my truck. I also wasn't making good money plowing for the guy I was plowing for.

11. tls22

tls22 PlowSite Veteran

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO..........come to jersey i will set you up with a good deal! Im sure you made good money last year, you had alot of snow! Welll i hope you stick around here, and give some input on things!:waving: