1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Dash-Flash LED Magnum review/comparison

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by durafish, Feb 5, 2014.

1. durafish

durafish PlowSite.com Addict
    from 02919

Ok many of you know that one of the new sites sponsor is a company called dash-flash. Many people beat them up about their pictures,products,website and the list goes on. I was one of the people who mentioned how their lights look like some cheap Ebay lights and many other members agreed. Dash-flash said those are other company's coping their ideas and their products are high quality. So then came a offer of getting their new Led Magnum light for $175.00 plus s/h in return to post a review. Now this lights list for $229.95 plus s/h. I went ahead a purchased it and the total was $200.00. Im comparing this light to all amber Whelen led mini Justice.

They both are about the same size, the Justice is a little heavier. Also the Whelen has about 60 more patterns i think, which is good and bad i guess. I have no cons for the whelen justice but do have a few for the Magnum. But there is almost a $300.000 difference between the two. The whelen has a warranty and the dash-flash doesn't which might be a deal breaker.

So far customer service has been wonderful at dash-flash, fast and friendly responses which goes very far i think.

First off the packing was very nice and the bar itself was protected with bubble wrap. Once i took the packaging off i looked it over and was very impressed with the feel,look and size. The lenses is aren't super think material but it doesn't feel "cheap". The mounts are also a nice grade of metal. Then it came to the magnets, that's where i started to get over how nice it was. I first thought there was rubber covers over the magnet but once i took the cover off i saw 5 small magnets clued in. Right off the bat i knew these things are useless. You can pick the bar off the roof without much force. Now the ones one the justice are extremely strong and you have to really be ready to place it down or remove it.

I plugged the bar in which has a nice plug very similar to the Whelen's. Placed it on the roof lite it up, did the same with the Whelen too. Side by side they are very close in brightness but the Whelen has a better "punch" i think. On the corners the liner modulus really blow away the tir3. I do like how the magnum has a light directly facing the side along with 4 on the the corners so its true 360 light. I scanned all the flash patterns (8) and 7 of them are nice but one i dont see the point.
    They both "throw" the light well and reflect off objects.

Overall im pleased with the light for the price i got it at but i dont know if id pay the full $260.00 with shipping. For a little more you can get a Whelen responder which is a very very bright. Im thinking i may sell my Whelen liberty (full-size) and get some HAW and grill lights and put this on the the roof the outline the truck more so its not a bad light.

If your looking for a nice LED bar to put on the roof when it snows and get 360 coverage this will do the job no problem, if you address the magnet issue. They told me they are working on getting better ones for the future though.

Pictures off both bars will be up tomorrow evening so i can get daytime pics.
    Any questions just ask im not bias towards either bar or company and i feel this is a accurate review.:salute:
  2. Maleko

Maleko Senior Member
    from Ct

Thanks for the review. Looking forward to the videos.
  3. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

Sounds like middle of the market, would that be fair to say?
  4. durafish

from 02919

Maybe above middle of the market. If it was say $230 shipped, it would be a great bar imo.
  5. nepatsfan

nepatsfan Senior Member

Any videos on these yet?
  6. durafish

from 02919

7. Cond Enterprise

Cond Enterprise Member

How about some better pictures of the lightbar? Top, bottom, sides, cord, switch end on cig plug etc. Dimensions??? Thanks...:drinkup: