1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Dash Cams

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by NicholasMWhite, Dec 20, 2015.

1. NicholasMWhite

NicholasMWhite Senior Member

Does anyone use dash cams for their business?

I have been researching adding a back up camera and saw that a lot of the mirrors with a screen in them also have a camera for recording dash cam footage. I could see a lot of benefits for any plowing business in the event of a service dispute or damage. Regular dash cams go for as little as $50. A 32gb card records about 10 hours and costs $10. For $10 I figure you could get enough to record every plowing event for the year and file them away in case there is any problems or disputes.

Seems like cheap insurance for a few hundred dollar investment.

Furthermore if you have multiple trucks you could keep your guys accountable for what they do or damage, where they are, and you could more closely track how long each property takes.
  2. iceyman

iceyman 2000 Club Member