1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Darn Sno-Way

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Maverick, Oct 2, 2002.

1. Maverick

Maverick Senior Member

Well I guess it is time to get things in order. It has snowed once already and we had snow that stuck till April before Halloween last year.
    Hooked up to my 10 month old HT series plow and nuthing, zero, nada......had to pull it up with a ratchet strap to drop it off at the dealer. Still under warranty. She said they needed to replace a faulty valve that was recalled last winter. I am so glad Sno-Way let me know right away so I could get it fixed. You know other than the pins being hard to line up, and the controller stop working, and the lift and down pressure cylinder leaking, and the shoe bracket welds breaking, half the bolts vibrating out, and the A frame breaking and needing to be replaced, and all the pressure relief valves needing adjusting, I am very happy with the plow.:rolleyes:
    I hope I don't have anymore problems with this thing this year.

2. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

You got this thing last December? Amazing!

3. Sndun

Sndun Member

I may be wrong but I think that valve recall was for the crossover valve. I was notified and I received a new valve in the mail back in May. I'm not sure if that would be your problem. I have yet to replace mine so hopefully I won't have the same problem once I dig out my plow. Anyways, I hope you get it all straightened out.

4. Snoworks

Snoworks Senior Member

Remember, when you buy a particular brand plow, you are also trusting that the plow dealer is going to prep & install it correctly.
    Sounds like some of your problems are of this nature. The Snoway manual does cover themselves by putting some disclaimer about checking and adjusting all plow parts after every snowfall, or hour(s) used.

I had alot of pieces vibrating and coming loose on my 6'-8" Snoway, but I believe the dealer did a crapy job of prepping it. Since I went through entire plow again, everything has been a oky.

I hope I don't ginks myself for saying that, I have not put this plow on yet for the winter!

Let it snow! CGB

5. Maverick

Maverick Senior Member

My dealer fired all of their installers in their 2 stores and hired a new plow guru that is supposed to be pretty smart I guess. He is at Sno-Way in WI for tech school and is suppose to be back tomorrow. Hopefully he can get my problems figured out. He supposedly found something wrong with every install that came in for winter prep this last month. Another buddy of mine has the same plow and he is problem driven like me. We both plow commercially and none of his other customers do. I guess we are the only serious plow problem people. I'll update next week.

6. GreginAlaska

GreginAlaska Junior Member
    from Alaska

We used a Sno-Way Lobo V the first year we plowed...it was broken down more than it was up. Went to a Fisher V...one of the best moves we made.