1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Darn Push Button 4wd

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by Eggie329, Sep 21, 2011.

1. Eggie329

Eggie329 Senior Member

I've been using some of the old posts to solve my 4wd problems, but now I'm stumped. At first I had a short between the dash and transfer case and a bad ATC Module. I ran new wire to the transfer case and replaced the ATC module. That made my service 4wd light go off, but when I press 4hi or low it would just flash and go back to 2wd. I took it to a trans shop I know and the said the front axle wasn't locking. They fixed a short at the front axle actuator, but after that it got stuck in 4lo. They were stumped and sent me to a shop that does electronics repairs. They found the wire harness at the transfer case was bad. After they replaced that everything went back to normal and when I press a 4wd button it flashes like normal and I can hear the transfer case shift, but I learned the hard way when I got stuck that the front axle isn't locking again. I don't know if it is trying to lock or not or if the hubs could have an issue. I just wanted to ask folks on here before I cough out some more money! By the way the front axle actuator and transfer case motor are new, I figured I would change them on a 70 degree day as preventive maintenance instead of -10 on a slab of ice! Thanks for the help!