1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Dano think this wil work?

Discussion in 'Eureka Fluid Film' started by grandview, Nov 3, 2008.

1. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Dano think this will work?

What about spraying the gutters? Will it stay on long enough so ice can't form in the gutter?

Last edited: Nov 3, 2008
  2. nbenallo33

nbenallo33 Senior Member

hmmm i dont know how well that will work?

3. Dano50

Dano50 PlowSite.com Addict
    from CA

Actually I think it would get you through the winter. Never actually tested it for that application, but I don't see why it wouldn't work.

Test it and let me know. Take pics and I'll make it worth your while. :nod:

4. DBL

DBL PlowSite.com Addict

too much water running over it before ice forms....imo

5. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

FF works great even with water running over it. I use it on my work barge and it is in the water for 2 months in the fall. Steering linkage is still working like the day I sprayed it on.

6. wild bill

wild bill PlowSite.com Addict

hope you don't have a problem with leaves and debris's from tree's .it will stick to that .

7. Dano50

from CA

Fluid Film should actually help keep the leaves and debris from sticking. It remains really slick.

8. wild bill

wild bill PlowSite.com Addict

i just sprayed my plow down and it's covered with walnut and maple leaves !

9. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

I think wild bill means the leaves and debris are sticking to the FF.

10. Hey GV,
    It will work very very well, what it will do is form a thin layer of air space because ice wont stick to it. And any water that may melt and start running will go in to that space. We have done it do our condos that alway get ice dams right on the roof and gutters. The best way that we have found for it to work is to take a brush to it and apply it like paint. I just wish that we took some pics of it last year. But i will this year i will. Russ

11. Dano50

from CA

Thanks for the feedback Russ! :drinkup: