1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Daniels vs. Ebeling

Discussion in 'Daniels Plows Discussion' started by viper881, Oct 21, 2009.

1. viper881

viper881 Senior Member

Ebeling looks a lot stronger, how does it hold up compared to the daniels?
  2. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

3. Chevyguy04

Chevyguy04 Junior Member

Ebling plows are solid. Well built and can take a beating. We have a bunch and they all go through a beating with minimal damage.

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

That's basically all that's being run in my area. I run a 8 foot daniels on my truck right now. I'd love to buy a ebling expanding pull plow but can't afford the 6000 dollar price for the 12 foot model.
  5. elite1msmith

elite1msmith 2000 Club Member
    from chicago

i had a guy back my daniels into a pole doing 20, in the raised position. because of how the plow "pivits" upward. it took the whole hit, i did have to replace me hitch, and my tail light , but suprissingly, the truck bed didnt get damaged and the plow itself was almost unharmmed. saved yhr back of my truck-
  6. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

I just looked at a blade that backed into a poll at 20 and it made a slight bend in the top piece of tubing, broke the lift cylinder end off and screwed one of the parralel lift arms. This was an Ebling 16 ft. The Ebling puts an aftermarket hitch on your truck and it still looked like new but the frame on the new Ford was apparently bent a little. I looked at alot of blades before I bought the Ebling and you can't compare them to any other back blade. JMO
  7. slongfellowii

slongfellowii Senior Member

But you should have seen the pole.:laughing:
  8. rsd501

rsd501 Junior Member

My Daniels is on it's 4th truck of mine, and I got it used in the 90's. I replaced the lift cylinder last season, and had to fix a broken weld after I backed into a lightpole base with my 11,000 lbs truck. The Daniels has been great, i have hit curbs with it down, up, and in between and it has survived. I can't say as much for my Western, that has not fared as well. I admit I am very rough on stuff, so if it has outlasted four of my trucks, it's good.:gunsfiring:
  9. WIPensFan

WIPensFan PlowSite Veteran

Daniels is a better unit!!:popcorn::whistling: