1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Daniels Pull Plow

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by scoot98758, Mar 15, 2008.

1. scoot98758

scoot98758 Junior Member

Has anyone ever owned a Daniels Pull Plow? How do they work? How much time do they save when doing residential? Do they have a float function or do the blades have a trip function? How do they do on uneven surfaces?

2. groundbreakers

groundbreakers Senior Member

they just a box plow like loaders use on there buckets .. but you insert the plow in your trailer hitch reciever ... just one hydraulic is used and yes i believe danials can float .. .. if your good with regular plow you dont need a pull plow ... i do residentials all the time with my regular plow ... just my .002

3. snoking

snoking Senior Member

they are well built. i dont know of any backblades that float. if you dont need the down pressure you just put it on the ground and dont pressure is it. they scrap better the back dragging, you can cut drives in half for time. and cleanup on bigger places is great. guys all over my area are doing 125+ drives a night with backblades and you would never get anyone to change from them.

4. DFLS

DFLS Senior Member

7 years so far and never looked back it scrapes clean to the pavement even sleet and does cut down on time spent per drive. Just don't back up with the back blade down or you will have to take the time to readjust it. Excellent for inside turns and circles.

5. scoot98758

scoot98758 Junior Member

I was looking at the Daniels pull plow website and I think it says that you have to modify your bumper/truck. Is this true or are the Daniels pull plows like the snowman pull plow that just hook up the the trailer hitch receiver of the truck?

6. foggyjr5

foggyjr5 Member

With the daniels you have to weld on two brackets to the receiver on your truck. That is pretty much it.

7. selser420

selser420 Member

I've worked with a Daniels pull plow for a few years now and love it! It kicks a$$ for driveways.condos, truck bays, circle driveways, and cul-de-sacs. The only mods to the truckside are 4 ears that are welded to the receiver for the trailing links to pin to. I've also used my buddys Snowman and didn't like it as much. The mount setup seems very cumbersome to me and it sticks out farther then the Daniels. It does lift higher then the Daniels which is nice for getting over piles, but it seems to take forever to put it all the way down. They don't float but the down pressure is better for scrapping anyways. I've never had issues with uneven surfaces or cracks....it just rides up them. We switched to a poly edge when the metal edges wore out. They work really well and are not as loud as metal.......not quite as good scrape wise but still works great!

This is the first season in the last 5 that I didn't have it on my truck and I miss it. When the co. I work for got the stuff out for the season the lift cylinders were rusted and pitted....seals were leaking too. They just never got around to getting new lift cylinders and now the season is almost over.

I would recommend one to anybody....big time saver!!

Last edited: Mar 21, 2008
  8. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

why is this on here. I have not seen a picture of a plow. this is dumb

9. selser420

selser420 Member

^^ Good point! I didn't realize this was in the pics forum when I was posting. Here's a pic of the Daniels I use.

[​IMG]

10. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

thanks, i would think of buying one of them to put on a truck if i designated one for just driveways here in lakewood. drives here are a b@t%h.. cut drive times down by most likely 600% that is for sure. means more payup in my pocket.

11. selser420

selser420 Member

I actually find it useful at commercials too. Its great for going around tight corners since its so much closer to the trucks center of rotation......get right to the curb without having to attack from 3 different angles! Its also great for parking spots that have sidewalks next to them....back in and get the walk and spot in one swipe....save the 'Cans a little shoveling.

12. PLOWIN DOUGH

PLOWIN DOUGH Member

Good Informative thread. How much do they go for?