1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Daniels Pull Plow Help

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by awagner9, Jan 16, 2012.

1. awagner9

awagner9 Member
    from NW Ohio

Bought Daniels couple week ago, finally got to use it the other day. My issue is when I lower it the sides contact first, until I have a good amount of down pressure. If I dont the front of box wings dig in. I wondering if that is the norm. or did I not mount the tree of the speed hitch high enough? I followed their directions to a t. Just wondering if the pitch of box is wrong? Any help would be great.

2. That is how it works. You want the back flat on the ground.

3. awagner9

awagner9 Member
    from NW Ohio

thanks, poly came today for it. so wont be as big of an issue

4. You will love the ploy on it.

5. WIPensFan

WIPensFan PlowSite Veteran

With my Daniels plows I like to have the sides and back edge flat to the ground with full pressure. Yes, the sides hit first, but they shouldn't be hitting at much of an angle. You can make sure by loosening the arm bolts, then apply down pressure, then tighten up the bolts. That way, when you have full down pressure, the plow is flat on the ground. You might have it right, but then again it might be to low if the sides are hitting right away. Tough to tell without seeing it.

6. palmtree907

palmtree907 Member

Thats how mine does it.

7. awagner9

awagner9 Member
    from NW Ohio

Put poly on it, should I trim the edges of the sides like the steel. or should I just let them wear down?

8. Let them wear on it own.

9. TLK380

TLK380 Member

Which poly (brand) did you go with?
    Any pictures ?
    Good luck on your new daniels.

10. Fall line. Or get ahold of garagekeeper on here and he can get it for you.

11. TLK380

TLK380 Member

Thanks R&R.