1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Daniels or EZ-Plow??? Help

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by awagner9, Dec 17, 2011.

1. awagner9

awagner9 Member
    from NW Ohio

Gonna Buy a back blade. Wondering what opinions are??? Which is better? Daniels looks heavier also has wings, looks like less spillage. EZ-plow can push and pull, also has plug and plow feature. Also like the lights mounted on the box. Can't decide. please help

2. NorthernSvc's

NorthernSvc's Senior Member

daniels also has plug and plow... just gottta run harness first... daniels can push and pull, you can mount lights on a daniels...daniels is a little cheaper and much better built for commercial applications IMO

go with the daniels

3. TLK380

TLK380 Member

I have a Daniels. No issues at all.

4. awagner9

awagner9 Member
    from NW Ohio

Thanks I think I'm leaning toward daniels. Looks better built. I weighs a little less, either weigh thanks.

5. awagner9

awagner9 Member
    from NW Ohio

Any other opinions floating around out there?

6. Fourbycb

Fourbycb Senior Member

2 yrs with my Daniels No problems I love it Best 2000.00 I ever spent Daniels use to have a forum here in the Indrustry Equipment section it had very little activity on it as far as repairs or problems Must say alot for quality of there product

Last edited: Dec 18, 2011
  7. awagner9

awagner9 Member
    from NW Ohio

Does dainels plow float?

8. Fourbycb

Fourbycb Senior Member

Nope unless you consider the trucks suspension as a float which would only be a couple inches at best

9. Lbilawncare

Lbilawncare Senior Member

SnowMan is another option. More expensive than Daniels, but I think they are well worth it.

10. awagner9

awagner9 Member
    from NW Ohio

They are big jump in price. Don't know what the advantages would be?

11. jklawn&Plow

jklawn&Plow Senior Member

Also looking at a back plow but want to be able get 2 stage blower in to the back of truck. Can Daniels box be relocated under truck or over wheel well?

12. awagner9

awagner9 Member
    from NW Ohio

Crap never thought of that. I also need to put 2 stage blower in back, for sidewalks

13. Fourbycb

Fourbycb Senior Member

Before Daniels went to the new style plows that have the motor and pump mounted above the plow the old style had those parts mounted in the trucks pickup box so I dont see why the new style could not be done the old way. you would just have to make longer hyd hoses

14. NorthernSvc's

NorthernSvc's Senior Member

put it whereever you want...we put ours inside the jeep. to better protect it

1243.jpg

1244.jpg

15. WIPensFan

WIPensFan PlowSite Veteran

My 98' pickup has the pump in the engine compartment, and my dump truck has it mounted under the dump box right next to the other hydraulic pump for the dump bed.

16. Onebadbowtie86

Onebadbowtie86 Senior Member

I have an older daniels unit with the pump mounted in a tool box in the bed of my truck. Also its easy to add float to a daniels plow. the only thing you need is two new toggle switches.

17. grassman222

grassman222 Junior Member

anybody know how much the snownan pull plows cost ? im looking around and i kinda like the snowman pull plows with the tripping action . just need to know prices!