1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

daniels back blade problem HELP

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by tojay22, Dec 16, 2007.

1. tojay22

tojay22 Member

i have a daniels back blade with the self contained hydraulic box that mounts in back by plow. when im plowing, after a few pulls it just wont lift up! it makes a noise like it wants to. now and then i can just rock the switch back and forth and it will come up but sometimes not all the way. most of the time i have to get out and wiggle the plug around where the controller plugs into the hydraulic box in back. sometimes i will have to do that 4-5 times before i can get it to work! its driving me crazy. this is my first daniels so im not sure what it is. anyone on here have this problem? please HELP me out. thanks, Jason

2. rpaton

rpaton Junior Member

Daniels Plow owner

Jason, I have (2) Daniels PLows. One is roughly 6 years old and the other 2 years old. They are 8 ft. wide however I have the pumps mounted under my truck (old style). I have had a lot of problems with the newer one, the older unit has worked ok. Another landscaper (good friend of mine) has had nothing but problems as well (pump mounted under the unit). He contacted "Daniels" and then the manufacturer of the pump. according to him the pump was not intended to be used in this manner, it was not something designed for the Daniels. I have gone through one motor and it still does not sound good. My friend went to Snow-Man( i believe that is the name). I know there is a breather on the pump and if you get any water, etc. inside the pump will not run correctly. Is your fully enclosed inside a box. Also, be careful when connecting and disconnecting the the lines so that no dirt gets in. Also, I would have the system flushed out after each season.

Rob