1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Dangerous situation

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by JCurtis, Jan 8, 2003.

1. JCurtis

JCurtis Banned

Been meaning to bring this up for a few days...

The other night, I'm out on the local roads going to do my route. its about 1:00 am and 's making decent time for the conditions.

All of a sudden, I see a pair of tail lights that look to be stopped in the middle of the road, so I slow down to a crawl...

As I get closer the I realize that the lights are moving at a snails pace... as I got even closer I realized why....

A Mack triaxle that belongs to a well known contractor in town is crawling up the road, plow down, Spreader overloaded to the max and not one tail light, warning light marker light or flasher light on on the back side of the truck. NOT even reflective tape!!!!

Damn thing looked like the Titantic looming out of the darkness. So I am almost at a dead crawl swearing this driver up and down when he turns his signal on to turn left off the road. It was only then that I realized who the truck belonged to.

I guess I'm one of the few guys who actually walks around the truck to make sure all my lights are on before the truck goes on the road.

:realmad:

2. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping Senior Member

i know what you mean. it was like 4 am a few storms ago, and i was on 91 south, and it was snowing so hard i could only go 15 mph tops. You couldnt see anything. well, all of sudden out of know where, this ford psd dump with a fisher pops out of no where. he had no working tail lights and only his headlights were on. luckily i saw him in time. This section of highway has no overhead lights, so it was pretty dangerous.

3. gslam88

gslam88 Senior Member

Lights

Jeff,

no your not the only one who looks at the lights... I do the walk aroud also... but more often when I look is in windows or mirrors while in parking lots or on the road for my vehicles... cars and trucks... checking brake lights and other lights while in use...

I have seen several dummies with out rear lights... stupid, stupid, stupid.....

I's not the mack guys over by the train station just by tony's tires is it??

Pete

4. JCurtis

JCurtis Banned

No Pete it isn't

5. plowed

plowed Senior Member

JCurtis, It couldn't have been one of Benvenutos trucks could it?

-John

6. JCurtis

JCurtis Banned

No not Any of Jeff Benvenuto's either. I may be wrong but I dont think he uses any of his trucks for plowing or salting at all.

Besides, he takes too good of care of his trucks to have lights out.

I have already mentioned it to the owner of the company

7. snow

snow PlowSite.com Veteran

Actually, Jeff had an international 6 wheeler w/ a pusher axle and he had a plow and sander on that truck. He plowed a few big parking lots and also subbed for the town with the truck. He sold that truck and bought a new peterbilt, no plow on that. He got out of plowing also.

He does sell salt and sand/salt mix though. He just picked up 2 loads of magic salt from John Parker earlier this week for a customer.

Bryan