1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Danger Wings

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by purpleranger519, Feb 2, 2008.

1. purpleranger519

purpleranger519 Senior Member
    from Kansas

Has anyone actually used these? Some people commented on an earlier post, but nobody had acually used them. Looking for someone that can give me comparison on these verses Pro-wings.

2. abbert55

abbert55 Senior Member

I plowed with Pro-Wings for the last 12 years. I can tell you they work to a point. They are not made to really take the abuse of commercial plowing. They will bend back the first time you nudge into a frozen pile trying to stack snow. I just bought an 860 Speed Wing and just absolutely love it. From experience, I guarantee you if you get into wet heavy snow or bump into a curb.... you will pull the bolt and washer thru the rubber face of the wing. Now you are done using that wing until you make repairs. Also are you sure you want to drill two 1" holes in the business end of your plow? I'm not saying they are bad... no I used them for 12 years and did save some time by reducing the trail off. The Speed Wing wings are much taller, same contour as moldboard and longer than Pro-Wings, thereby carrying more snow. I have never used Danger Wings personally.... but I believe if Jerre designed them, they will work very well. The Danger Wings are made to handle the work load of everyday plowing. Just look at them on Jerre's site. You will see they are made much more heavy duty and they are nearly the same contour as the moldboard. I am sure Jerry will be in touch with you on this and you can trust him to give you a straight answer. Hope this is helpful, Al
  3. Mark Witcher

Mark Witcher Senior Member

I have used pro wings in the past and still do on a little Meyer plow on a Jeep. They really improve any straight blade for transporting snow. And for $200 they are a bargain.
    I have made my own version of "danger wings" for my 810, 8611 and a Boss 9.2. They will deffinately carry much more snow than Pro wings. And when put on such wide plows to begin with, you will find they may carry more snow than your truck can push in heavy snow.
  4. purpleranger519

from Kansas

My thoughts are the sameabout a bargin...and Northern Tool is selling them for $149.99.
    As far as what they can carry, I want them to carry as much as I can...the truck shouldn't have much of a problem pushin them full ...if I was to go with the danger wings.

Still I want to hear from some that has used these Danger Wings. Plenty of reports from people on the pro-wings ...and I myself have used them on a couple meyer and westerns.
  5. purpleranger519

from Kansas

anybody used them????
  6. purpleranger519

from Kansas

YOu still pushing snow Jerre? Or have you had a chance to do some welding?
  7. slade

slade Senior Member

I to am interesred in a set of danger wings for my 810, but would like to hear from someone that has used them. How much time can a guy save with the danger wings? If it takes 1 hour with a 810 how long with the 810 with danger wings?????
  8. purpleranger519

from Kansas

Well, I hope you have better luck than I had. I could not find anyone that has used them and was unsuccessful in getting anyone to ship me a pair. Think Now I'll look at making my own.
  9. mulcahy mowing

mulcahy mowing Senior Member

look up danger wings on youtube theres a video of them a member here made the video and talks about them while hes plowing. can't remeber who it is though just search fir blizzard with danger wings.

contact jerre about getting the wings they $500 or so per set