1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Danger!!!! Beware!!!!! Oooo Nnnooo!!!

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by Gatewayuser, Feb 9, 2006.

1. Gatewayuser

Gatewayuser Senior Member

Just to warn everyone to get an extra hydraulic take cap for your plows mine on my 3 month old Boss 8ft V-Plow is leaking well more like gushing. I have no clue what caused it to break considering we only have had 1 1/2 snows, its a big problem because when you raise the plow it losses a qt of fluid. Here's the kicker we may have snow tonight and I did'nt find out it was leaking until tonight, but its still under warranty. My dealer said to bring in first thing tomorrow and they will have it ready to start plowing in the morning. But I will be buying plenty of caps. I have one question, I know I should use boss hydro oil but I ran out tonight is Mobil 1 syn 15W-50 ok to use thats what my mower takes?
  2. alternative

alternative PlowSite.com Addict

that sucks... i 'm not sure about the 15W50 mobil.. i myself would probably use some ATF.?
  3. kgb

kgb Member
    from nj

Did they overfill? I had same problem with my 8'V when I changed fluid and overfill. Check level and see if OK after moving plow few times.
  4. Gatewayuser

Gatewayuser Senior Member

Yes your right that was what was wrong and they gave me a plow oil change for free! Thanks!