1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Dang Trucks!!!!!

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Brant'sLawnCare, Jan 10, 2008.

1. Brant'sLawnCare

Brant'sLawnCare PlowSite.com Addict

Well guys, my truck wouldn't start today, so I just had to pay 80 bucks to get it towed. That's not the worst part. It's supposed to snow 3-5 inches tonight. Hopefully I can get stuff straightened out before then. Wish me luck!

2. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

Good luck....

3. Brant'sLawnCare

Thanks!! At least I have a few snowblowers and an older truck with crappy tires.

4. KGRlandscapeing

KGRlandscapeing 2000 Club Member

do u have a plow on ur beater?
    cause if u do just throw bags of salt in there if not get a snow bear or a real plow for that then next time u wont be completely screwd paying somebody else to cover u can cost a bunch.

5. Snowbrdr360

Snowbrdr360 Senior Member

if you need help let me know, im right down the road from you with 2 trucks

6. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping PlowSite.com Addict

Good luck getting up and running again!

7. Gicon

Gicon Senior Member
    from MA

Hey what a guy you are man.

8. CAT 245ME

CAT 245ME PlowSite.com Addict

He's gotta point! A backup truck is a must, my transmission went out on me on new years eve and I missed that storm and then the one that came on january 2.

Keep an eye out for a blade for your old truck, you never know when you will need it, as I found out the hardway.:cry:

9. Brant'sLawnCare

Nope no plow on the old truck. But I do only residentials this year. They are contracted to be done by 7:30 in the morning. Luckily today, we had 2 inches, and I was able to do them with my snowblowers. Luckily I bought a new blower last night because I was unsure of my truck situation.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2008
  10. Brant'sLawnCare

That's awfully nice of you. If only the world was made of more people like you. It was funny because I got the truck fixed last night by my mechanic ($339 not bad), and I got it up and running this morning. Then stupid me, shut it off at a job, and I couldn't get it started again. For some reason, you have to let it sit for about an hour or so if you want to start it. :dizzy: So, I don't know what's going on, but again thanks for the offer. I'm just glad we didn't get the forecasted 3-6 inches of snow here.

Brant

11. DUMZ

DUMZ Senior Member

my old chevy did that for long time... once I got it running wouldn't shut it off till I was done plowing... Turned out to be a combo of bad ground wire, and bad power wire to the starter...

After reading this though I think I will take for sale sign off my old chevy and keep her as a back up plow truck

12. KGRlandscapeing

should of plowd with the ford in the first place problem solved i am just playing hope u get that figured out

13. REAPER

REAPER 2000 Club Member
    from 60050

Isn't the ford his "older truck with crappy tires"? :D

14. Brant'sLawnCare

That's what I'm thinking right now! lol. I'm gonna try disconnecting the remote start, and see what happens. The guy that had the truck before me did a whole bunch of stuff with the electrical wires. He probably messed something up.

15. Snowbrdr360

Anytime man, I'd fill in for anyone around my area!

16. Snowbrdr360

We're all family here!

17. KGRlandscapeing

ya but at least its not broken

18. treeman06

treeman06 Senior Member

If you ever need any help let me know, we do quite a few resis in town and could help you out.

19. Young Pup

Young Pup PlowSite Fanatic

Ok it cost you 339 and it still not right? Take it back. What did you pay for? A friend has buick (car) his does the same thing you describe here. He says it is his fuel pump. Once it gets heated up it needs to cool down to run again. Check into that. Does your crank up but not start? if so then it is your fuel pump. Only my guess but sure sounds like it.

20. packey

packey Member

I feel for your pain. I had my truck break earlier this week and worked all through the night to get it going again. I hope all goes well for you