1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Dang, that Fords heavy!

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Grant, Feb 6, 2002.

1. Grant

Grant Member

New '02 Ford F-350 4x4 single wheel pickup, 9'900 gvw, 7.3 diesel, automatic trans, Fisher 8'6" V plow, Warren 2 yd. stainless sander. Just weighed it empty---9'460 lbs. WOW, those diesels and V plows sure are heavy! Lets see, I can put 540 lbs. of material in the spreader...might not go far!
  2. PAPS Landscape

PAPS Landscape Member

Yeah... puttin a V-box on a pick-up truck is not the way to go with the GVW. With that V-box loaded... you'll sure be over weigh.
  3. John DiMartino

John DiMartino PlowSite.com Veteran

Id that truck a reg cab? BTW do you have axle readouts,or the total GVWR only? I d like to see how overloadedthe front axle is.My 2000 Ram 2500HD quad cab 4x4 weighs 6860 empty.With 1 yard SS V-box,9.2"Boss V plow,and me in it,also shovels tools etc it weighed in at 8670.My V box only weighs 420 lbs,your must weigh at elast double that.Do you have a headache rack,or body insert?that sounds aweful heavy for being empty.Mine weighs about 10700-11000 loaded,and sits perfectly level,drive,and stops excellent,if you didnt weigh it,you'd never think it was overweight.Your truck is heavy!
  4. Grant

Grant Member

Plain jane regular cab, no rack, no liner, nothing but the plow and spreader. Will see what it weighs empty sometime in April or so when I strip it. Maybe it will actually snow sometime between now and then.