1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Dang plow crapped out

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by drivewaydoctor, Jan 3, 2010.

1. Dont know what happened. I think it got water inside it and froze up. Wont go up down or angle... Im putting it in the shop tomorrow for a full service. I guess tonight I just use extra salt.

2. Triple L

Triple L PlowSite Fanatic
    from Canada

Is it trying to run at all? check your soloinid, you should hear it clicking even if nothing is happening

3. Yeah its trying to run. There must be water in the thing, hoses are all new etc. Its a cable driven Western. I pulled the side plate off to check the cables and it was a block of ice in there. I melted it, cleaned it out and put the place back on. Drove it 5 blocks and she froze up again. Took the plate off and no water so it must be frozen up inside the valves. What pissed me off is not one single plow shop open today despite the storm we had here. I was almost ready to write a blank check to the first guy with a heated shop to call me back... lol

My truck is too big to fit in my garage so its going in the shop tomorrow. I salted the hell out of my parking lot clients.