1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Dang nabbit a blow out

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by hammerstein, Mar 1, 2010.

1. hammerstein

hammerstein Senior Member

My Sunday afternoon counting traffic on the side of the highway. Took 4 hours to get tires brought out to me and a tire company to change them and plenty of $$.

IMG00188-20100228-1500.JPG

2. NICHOLS LANDSCA

NICHOLS LANDSCA PlowSite Veteran

That sucks, I'm sure you had nothing better to do.:D

3. fireball

fireball PlowSite.com Veteran

As I always say; "There is no lonelier place in the world than being on the edge of a super highway"

4. 02DURAMAX

02DURAMAX PlowSite.com Addict

Recaps????

5. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

If it was only that 1 tire.....why didn't you just drive it to the tire shop?

6. mwalsh9152

mwalsh9152 Senior Member

with the tread flapping like that it would tear the hell out of everything under the truck

7. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping Senior Member

Been there done that. Luckily our local mobile tire changer is quite responsive no matter where in the state we are.:mechanic:

8. RepoMan207

from Maine

Nope, it wouldn't. I must of done it close to a hundred times now. It'll make one heck of a racket, but that's about it. I use to cut away most of the excess if I had to go aways. If you don't have a saw or blade on board, you can back the truck up a bit, get out, yank or stand on the flap, do it again and again until the gator strip pulls away completely, then you can roll on without any noise. Beats sitting on the side of the road for hours on end just to pay through the nose for a tire install. Much cheaper at the shop.

9. hammerstein

Nope there virgins.

10. hammerstein

Rear axle was 19,000 lbs wasn't risking blowing the other one or any damage to the truck or box. Don't know where a tire shop was where I was at and probably not open on a Sunday afternoon anyway. Got 4 new tires delivered on Thursday and they were to be put on this Tuesday, only problem was that's 2 days past their life expectancy.

11. RepoMan207

from Maine

Yeah, I know. You were just scared :laughing: