1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Damned College Kids

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by JTownPlow, Feb 13, 2010.

1. JTownPlow

JTownPlow Junior Member

I don't know if this has been posted before. I found it on College Humor. I'm 26 years old and probably would have done this in my day. But as a Municipal Snow Plow Driver, I would have got out of my truck and beat the SH*T out of them!

<object type="application/x-shockwave-flash" data="http://www.collegehumor.com/moogaloop/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=1926305&fullscreen=1" width="480" height="360" ><param name="allowfullscreen" value="true"/><param name="wmode" value="transparent"/><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"/><param name="movie" quality="best" value="http://www.collegehumor.com/moogaloop/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=1926305&fullscreen=1"/><embed src="http://www.collegehumor.com/moogaloop/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=1926305&fullscreen=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="480" height="360" allowScriptAccess="always"></embed></object><div style="padding:5px 0; text-align:center; width:480px;">See more <a href="http://www.collegehumor.com/videos">funny videos</a> and <a href="http://www.collegehumor.com/pictures">funny pictures</a> at <a href="http://www.collegehumor.com/">CollegeHumor</a>.</div>

Last edited: Feb 13, 2010
  2. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping Senior Member

I don't know....It was pretty funny to watch. I don't think throwing the snowballs at the truck itself is right, but its a funny joke to build the snowmen in the road.

3. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

EaTmYtAiLpIpEs 2000 Club Member

that second muni wasn't slowing down for anyone haha

4. bigbadbrad

bigbadbrad Senior Member

the second guy was hammer down, and gabbin gears, you see the plow jump up when he hit one of the snowmen. pretty stupid college kids if you ask me,

5. PORTER 05

PORTER 05 Senior Member

if that was me i dont think i would have got to pissed if they threw a snowball at me IF i where in a city truck BUT if it was my private truck and i was plowing for the city and they threw it at me oh man would i get out and scream!

6. patlalandebutt

patlalandebutt Senior Member

Yes it may have been fun to build the snowmen in the road, but get upset, and immature, start throwing snowballs at the plow operators? there parents should probably take them out of college, and throw them back into gr.1. :angry:
    Because some people have a job to do, and thats clearing the roads for others?
    im 16 and the furthest i would go would probably build those in the road. just to see them get taken down.:redbounce

7. Evanbrendel

Evanbrendel Senior Member

id just call the police and let them deal with it not worth getting in trouble over.

8. daninline

daninline Senior Member

I think I would of gone around for a 2nd shot and make sure I got a strike :drinkup:

9. Humvee27

Humvee27 Senior Member

I think this was in Madison WI..there were probably 5 videos posted out from the college kids doing that.....dumba$$ kids throw snowballs at them and the cops that showed up...it was funny to watch though

Last edited: Feb 13, 2010
  10. rusty_keg_3

rusty_keg_3 Senior Member

I bet the guy in the first truck told the guy behind him, to open er up... Man, i would have gone back around, and turned the salter all the way up, and blasted them...

11. EGLC

EGLC PlowSite.com Addict

wow you guys need to calm down....next you're going to want to be giving these kids a crimminal record over a snowball....its pathetic...can't do anything in this country anymore without being sued or having the cops on your azz.....it was a JOKE, snowballs ARE NOT DANGEROUS they're NOT ROCKS hahahaa

12. patlalandebutt

patlalandebutt Senior Member

did you not see at the end of the video the first operator getting out of his truck, and having snowballs thrown at him? obviously not. how would you feel if your trying to do your job, and someone decides to be IMMATURE and stupid just because you ruined theyre "fun" i think this post was to be a funny post but people being immature is one of my biggest pet peeves. no pun intended, sorry to rant.

13. EGLC

EGLC PlowSite.com Addict

its a freaking snowball.....there was NO HARM OR DAMAGE DONE.

If I were the plow truck guys I woulda just kept on driving.....now if they started throwing ICE or ROCKS that different....but seriously you're going to call the cops over a snowball?! :dizzy::laughing:

14. augerandblade

augerandblade PlowSite.com Addict

A good packed snowball is dangerous. We seen that on TV where down in Washington DC they were filming a bunch having a snowball fight. Innocent ya but I betcha there were a few trips down to Emerg in that area where people accidently got someone in the face. tymusic

15. IPLOWSNO

IPLOWSNO PlowSite.com Addict

i grew up in the sticks, so as kids we didn't get to hang out in front of stores being nuisances,

in the winter we would build some huge forts,escape tunnels and all but that was when we got big snow and only a couple walters to clean up,

we would make snoballs for hours, then we would pick out our targets, we were after the buses, and the cops, back then it was in good fun,

i remember we hit a guys car he must of been in his twenties and he was a badass,, we didn't hit it because we knew he would kick our ass, it was a kid that just happened to show up drunk,

ya know that taste in your mouth when your hiding and your scared shitless, we were all quiet laying down as the car pulled away, but the guy never got back in, i sensed something was wrong and as i start to say be quiet the drunk kid gets up and yells, thats all ya got,

i grabbed my bro and just laid there while everyone else booked it, the cops were always the best, they were cool about it becuase they knew where we lived, we met one daywhen we were building a fort, there was a mentally handicapped kid, there and he was asking questions,

why how where, questions looking back you could expect from him, he was repettitive though, just as a cop is driving by my buddy says we do it for this and hits the cop, hard too lightsd come on and then he yells run,

we stand there nad he runs, the dudes running like forrest gump, he is about a 1/2 mile in a field really working thru the snow,

the cop comes to us and we just point out to the field, that was a funny night there, the cop was even laughing

16. andcon83

andcon83 Senior Member

I had someone out yelling at me at 2am once because when I plowed the road, the snow would go in his yard and he felt he was getting all the snow. After a couple minutes of listening to him I tucked it in gear and took off. His boy threw a snow ball into the cab and it splatted off the passenger window. I called the cops before I went back threw.

17. daninline

daninline Senior Member

you know if it was my truck there would be a problem I paid a lot of cash for my stuff and if some kid hit it there will be words or more.
    I don't wash and wax the truck all the time for someone to do this, let me toss a snow ball at there nice car and see what happens.. oh wait they don't have the cash for a car only a video camera :laughing:

You know would the driver of a city truck be in trouble if he comes back to the yard with dents on the truck if he didn't report what happened??????

you know a little kid that's okay but someone older that has been packing a snow ball for a while is like a rock

last week in CT some kids hit a truck with some snow balls and now they have a court date.

18. RTEnt

RTEnt Member

Just a couple of thoughts on this.......

As a taxpayer in the town where I live and trust me being in NY I pay my share. Those kids are not only throwing snowballs at government property which the taxpayer paid for they are also slowing down the job at hand, costing time which equates to money.

Secondly let's all face the fact that should one of those idiots get hurt, there would be a law suit faster than those trucks could get back to the shop.

JMO I think it's juvenile and if thats the only thing they have to do in the middle of the snow storm maybe they should concentrate on shoveling the sidewalks on the campus instead.

19. EGLC

EGLC PlowSite.com Addict

Thats a lot different then throwing a snowball at a large plow truck. AND if you're going to throw a snow ball expect to get hit back, so a trip the the ER over getting hit in the face is your own fault if you want to play along.......what are you going to do ban snowball fights? hahaaa

They hardly slowed down those trucks. And yeah there would be a lawsuit BUT IT SHOULD get shot down, but because of how f*ck*ed up this country is they would prob win millions.

See everyone is SCARED of a LAWSUIT so in turn they make LAWS to keep you from doing ANYTHING so that when you go to SUE you LOOSE. If the judicial system had SOME common sense they wouldn't need to keep adding more and more LAWS over STUPID LITTLE things and just throw out atleast 1/2 the lawsuits.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2010
  20. PlatinumService

PlatinumService Senior Member

i thought it was really funny actually quite original to do that... but i would have been grabbing gears trying to throw the snowballs as far as possible and made a game of it myself... its his own fault for getting out of the truck keep driving its only snow get a life, what has the world come to when we should arrest people for throwing snowballs, its getting rediculous no one got hurt and the guy just has to put on his windsheild wipers and wow crisis averted JMO though