1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Pete7, Jan 15, 2006.

1. Pete7

Pete7 Member

Take a look at these pics. I did not think this was possible. I am not sure how it happened. I did hit an obstruction and get tossed around a bit but not bad enough to do this--or so I thought. I noticed it later while out of the truck shoveling. I did not think the wing could reach back to the truck. I have not found a ding on the wing and the plow is working fine.
    Is this a common occurence?
    Pete damage bumper 1-14-6 004 (Small).jpg

damage bumper 1-14-6 003 (Small).jpg

damage bumper 1-14-6 002 (Small).jpg

damage bumper 1-14-6 001 (Small).jpg

damage bumper 1-14-6 004 (Small).jpg

damage bumper 1-14-6 003 (Small).jpg

damage bumper 1-14-6 002 (Small).jpg

damage bumper 1-14-6 001 (Small).jpg
  2. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

Nice litle dinger on the bumper, how about a pic looking down the plows edge, and one of the wing.
    And maybe a pic of your mount too.
  3. BSDeality

BSDeality Senior Member

OUCH! I have the same color '05 f350. are those the stock 18" continentals?

What did you hit?
  4. Pete7

Pete7 Member

The tires are stock, the truck is an 05 f250. I am not sure what happened. I noticed it after plowing so i assumed that is what happened. However after looking at it a few more times, I am beginning to think someone hit it in a lot or something on Friday. I washed it Thursday and there was no damage.
    But I did nto put the blade on until I got the call to go plow at 2am. I normally put it on the night before but I decided not to jinx myself and upset the weather g-ds.:dizzy:
    I am starting to think that maybe in my stupor I did not notice it. Because it does not seem like the blade could possibly reach it without screwing up the frame. Plus my buddy pointed out that the plow does not have any marks on the back and it seems hard to see how the plow could make that shape dent.
    I will take more pics for you guys to look over.
  5. nepmgmt

nepmgmt Member

that dosent look like the plow did it it is 2 small and round. did it hit the painted part or not looks like it di from the first pic but cant really tell
  6. hobbie

hobbie Junior Member

yeh that doesn't look like damage from the blade. Is it possible you bumped into something when you had the blade in the scoop or had a block of snow or ice come over the blade??????