1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Damn....Victims of theft in Mississauga Ontario

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by DellDoug, Dec 15, 2011.

1. DellDoug

DellDoug Senior Member

Yesterday we discovered that someone had stolen a new Horst snow wing (8-13) and a six ft Horst reversable plow from one of Our jobsites in Mississauga. The theft took place at 1475 Dundas street east in Mississauga. The plows are off one of our skid steers and were new at the beginning of last winter. If anyone sees anything unusual for sale please let us know as we would love to get our equipment back. Its insured but that isn't the point. I hate thieves. Thanks for your help.

IMG_3855.jpg

2. WIPensFan

WIPensFan PlowSite Veteran

Sorry to hear that. Did they just start the skid and load the plow, or was the plow off the skid?

3. bugthug

bugthug Senior Member
    from Pa

that stinks to lose equipment . There are some shady people in Mississauga

4. JohnnyRoyale

JohnnyRoyale 2000 Club Member

That sucks Doug.
    I'll let you know if I hear anything from down there.
    That used to be my hood.

5. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

Sorry to hear that. You'll have a set of eyes on the lookout for you in central MN. You don't see many of those plows around so it'll stick out like a sore thumb if one would come up for sale.

What's the serial #?

6. DellDoug

DellDoug Senior Member

Seems they loaded both blades with the skid. At least they shut it off and parked it nicely!! :realmad:

7. DellDoug

DellDoug Senior Member

Thanks Johnny. Appreciate it!!

8. DellDoug

DellDoug Senior Member

thanks Bud. Everything could help. I will post the SN tomorrow when I get back to my office.

9. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Is that the Future Shop lot? I hate thieves also and will keep a real good eye out for your stuff. You should have parked the Arctics there no one would have taken them. ;)

10. dfd9

dfd9 PlowSite.com Addict

Ouch Dave.

Sorry to hear that Vince or Doug, whichever you are today.

Hope you find them and proceed to guide them that is not a good idea in the future.

11. wannabeplowing

wannabeplowing Senior Member

Sorry to hear about your equipment, I cant stand people who steal ****! There is always someone looking to take the easy way and stealing stuff from those who work their ass off to actually buy their equipment!

12. Grassman09

Grassman09 2000 Club Member

Crummy deal. Did you check that Larson guys yard up the road? J/k Best of luck finding it.

:rolleyes: :gunsfiring:

13. greywynd

greywynd PlowSite.com Addict

Sucks to hear Doug, hopefully the crooks turn up and get what they deserve.

14. floriolandscape

floriolandscape Junior Member

glad i dont live in that area anymore. i will keep a look out on the ad sites for you. best of luck

15. DellDoug

DellDoug Senior Member

Yep that is the place. The future shop plaza. Arctic? Good idea Dave, I have two guys loading up all the Arctic pushers as I am typing!! payup:eek:

16. DellDoug

DellDoug Senior Member

I understand its a joke but who is Larson? Sorry I honestly don't know who your referring to.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2011
  17. DellDoug

DellDoug Senior Member

Blade infor:

Horst 8-13 snow wing. Skid steer hookup with electric diverter valve with plug to machine.

SN 106826.

It is the plow pictured above

18. JohnnyRoyale

JohnnyRoyale 2000 Club Member

Hes a fellow contractor from South Etobicoke. I was actually employed by him for a week or two when i finished college. Dave is joking Doug...hes not that type of guy.

19. DellDoug

DellDoug Senior Member

Is his name John Larson? If so I know who he is?

20. MIDTOWNPC

MIDTOWNPC PlowSite Veteran

I'm an avid kijiji'er if I see anything I will let you know