1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Damn..I've missed you guys.

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by CTPlow, Oct 31, 2005.

1. CTPlow

CTPlow Member

Not trying to sound like a wuss but I have to say I've been waiting all Spring and Summer/Fall for the winter and plowing to begin and at the same time realized I've missed you guys!! Is it me, or has this seemed to be one of the looooongest summers one can remember?? (At least here in Connecticut it was)

Anyways...I am still in search of a plow truck but can't decide if I should go new again, or used. What do you guys think? I figured the payments against new and getting more years to pay and used and getting less years, seems about the same in terms of monthly payments.
    Anyways, I just read that this is supposeed to be a very good snowfall year for all since this summer was so warm and the winter should follow last years pattern but yet be colder and snowier. Sweet.
    Great to be back with you all again guys!! :drinkup:

Craig :waving:

2. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

Welcome back to the time just before snow anxiety!
    I would buy a used truck and add a plow. The prices are alot better let someone else pay it down for 3 - 4 years. I am looking too for a newer truck, one that has just been driven to work and back. With the gas prices they are out there.

3. MBB

MBB Senior Member

replace truck

just replaced my 87 f350=6.9, with a 99 f350 v10. stuck a blizzard 810 on it (used ) kept the whole shebang under13k including install. Used internet loan deal set up for 5 years (just in case its another thin snowfall year) can payoff early no penalty ect. Truck was fully serviced ( tune up-100k one, all fluids changed, new brakes, tie rod ends, ball joints ect., the works at dealership) just before I bought it, private party sale. The dealership work bill was 2800.00, I bought the truck for 9600, 89k miles on it. Was trying to find a deal on a desiel, but with all the service issues on the 7.9 & 6.0 & the higher pricing of desiel trucks & fuel figure it will run out cost wise about the same with less headaches. gas is down to 2.42/gal right now desiel quite a bit higher in my area (WI). CRT