1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Damaged the kickstand...now what?

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by fortywinks, Feb 2, 2014.

1. fortywinks

fortywinks Member
    from NE OH

Had a mis-forecast 4+ inches of snow this AM and after hooking up the plow I forgot to raise the kickstand and 34 drives later I have what you see in the photos. I'll use a floor jack to unhook from the Jeep (7' Sport Duty) but I want to make sure that the stand does not impinge on the hydraulic cylinder. If you look close at the one photo you can see a small scrape where it was/is rubbing. My question is how best to remove this? Cutting wheel? Then torch to shape the bracket back to its original location? And this after having to replace the 13 pin wiring harness last week. Lesson learned on the stand now I have to fix it. Help is appreciated.

2. maxwellp

maxwellp PlowSite.com Addict

Pull the roll pin. pull out bent pin and spring, bend bracket back up, re weld if necessary, Bend pin back straight and put it back together.
  3. fortywinks

fortywinks Member
    from NE OH

Will give that a try. Thanks!

4. skostur79

skostur79 Member
    from ne ohio

been there!!! made a 90 deg out of the kickstand
  5. Plowingsince10

Plowingsince10 Junior Member
    from Ottawa

hehe me to....luckily i just had to change the kickstand
  6. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Sticky note on steering wheel next time.
  7. derekslawncare

derekslawncare PlowSite.com Addict

Well what do you know? That may be the one design feature Meyer got right. You can't raise the plow on mine more than maybe an inch before the kickstand hits the lift frame. Pretty much puts the kabosh on doing that with a Meyer unless you drive around with your plow on the ground all the time. Sucks, hope it's an easy (cheap) fix for you.
  8. dellwas

dellwas Senior Member

I keep doing this on my John Deere snow blower. don't know how many stands I've had to make, lost count...
  9. John_DeereGreen

John_DeereGreen PlowSite.com Addict

I'm pretty sure they screwed that up somehow too, they can't get anything right! Hahaha
  10. derekslawncare

derekslawncare PlowSite.com Addict

After last year and the year before, both with a brand new Meyer, I am inclined to agree with you. Haven't had the chance to use mine this season yet to remind me how much I hate it unfortunately. Man, we can't buy a snow storm here.
  11. jhenderson9196

jhenderson9196 Senior Member

I bent the leg on a 8ft Boss so badly I had to torch it off.