1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

damaged electical box

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by kedz42, Jan 9, 2009.

1. kedz42

kedz42 Junior Member

Had a mishap today I backed over an electical box. Customer lost power. Any idea what Com Ed will charge ?

2. KL&M Snow Div.

KL&M Snow Div. PlowSite.com Addict

My question.....did it damage your truck? We have a local company and they don't charge all the time, just depends on the problem.

3. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Maybe nothing . If you can make a call and say you saw someone hit and driveway. If they are jerks it could be in the thousands if the damage is bad.

4. hitower

hitower Junior Member
    from midwest

I work for an Electic Utility just north of you. For us, a Transformer alone costs us about $800 to $1000 each depending on size. Then you have to figure in labor for the crew to repair it(hopefully it was during normal business hours), plus truck time ($65 to $105 an hour depending on truck).
    Or was it a small secondary voltage pedestal? Those are cheaper by far and not much labor to replace.
    Depending on how bad and what the equipment was my guess would be between $300 and $1500.
    Best of luck to you.