1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

damaged areas.

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by clncut, Aug 14, 2004.

1. clncut

clncut PlowSite.com Addict

If you tear up a small amount of sod do yo replace the damaged areas? Im thinking of placing in my contract I will not be responsible for replacing these areas? What do you guys think?
  2. gcsupraman

gcsupraman Senior Member

I tell people that if they have plow markers I will fix it for free, if they don't have any markers then its their problem

3. cja1987

cja1987 PlowSite.com Addict

every place i plow on a regular basis has driveway markers that i put up, i will fix anything that i know for a fact i did with the plow. Iam careful not to touch the grass with the plow, as most everyone here knows, you can push a good ways on to the lawn if the blade is raised. If the ground is frozen you won't leave tire marks. If its an early or late snow than its much easier to rip things up therefore i try not to push up on to the lawn in those situations. The only time i did not fix something that i did was when a guy told me to push the snow across his front lawn so as to clear the area in front of the door. I told him that it may mess up the lawn but he did not seem to care. So a few weeks later spring came and he called me mad about the lawn trying to make me responsible for fixing the ENTIRE front lawn. I told him forget it and that i would not be plowing for him anymore and i havent plowed his drive since.