1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Damaged 8611lp

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by newlooklandscp, Jan 14, 2012.

1. newlooklandscp

newlooklandscp Senior Member
    from Midwest

What not to do to a 8611lp in a fully loaded 2011 F450 Dump Truck. Plow meet concrete curb corner, curb meet plow ..... Cutting edge is bent and dropped over 1/2", back of the mold board is crushed resulting in the wing being stuck in the out position.

Photo Jan 13, 7 44 17 AM.jpg

Photo Jan 13, 7 44 33 AM.jpg

2. WIPensFan

WIPensFan PlowSite Veteran

Ouch! How fast were you going? That's going to be costly, if it's fixable at all. Sorry that happened to you.

3. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

Wow, that's really torqued. Good luck with the repair.

4. newlooklandscp

from Midwest

Im going to bring it in on Monday. Most likely I will just replace the entire mold board. I see it happen .... 10mph maybe it just caught the corner just right.

5. maelawncare

maelawncare Senior Member

OUCH. That probably wont be fixed.

Time to put a real 8611 on there The LPs are made for lighter trucks.

6. bliz&hinikerDLR

bliz&hinikerDLR Senior Member

Curious ... was the blade angled to the right or was the contact so hard it pushed the blade back to the stops?

7. newlooklandscp

from Midwest

He was rolling to the passenger side up and over the curb line. The section that he hit sticks out really funny (almost like a small 4" concrete pillar/curb so when the impact was made it pushed back to the stops and the truck came to a complete stop. I will see if I can get a picture of the curb tomorrow. The truck was loaded with about 7 skid steer buckets.

8. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

I'll have a nice rehabbed/powdercoated full size 8611 available soon. I take trades ;) LOL.

But damn, that does suck

9. Maclawnco

Maclawnco Senior Member
    from OH

Ken, I have a sub that has an 8611 lp mold board only he bought back from insurance that is just sitting. He getting to the point where he may entertain offers - text me if you want his number.

10. newlooklandscp

from Midwest

I dunno if I still have it. I changed over my phone. Shoot it too me if you have mine still. Ken

11. newlooklandscp

from Midwest

Ive been running lps for years now. On F350, F450, and F550's with minor problems. No need for a full size that will torch the front end of my trucks. I would rather put $ into a plow then the truck itself.

12. Maclawnco

Maclawnco Senior Member
    from OH

Ken, talked to him and he wont sell it even though hes just about to be insolvent...

13. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

Sounds like he's a shrewd businessman. :rolleyes:

14. razr777

razr777 Senior Member
    from JERSEY

WOW that sucks hope it can be fixed looks like you got alot of use out of it do you like the power plow?

15. Maclawnco

Maclawnco Senior Member
    from OH

He will probably make it a couple more weeks now that we got a plow in.

16. thundercat99

thundercat99 Senior Member

that makes 2 of us

My first generation 8-10 broke in the last storm same damage as yours but my wing still goes out on damaged side but the strange part is the other wing wont retract or fold into scoop

Im trying to decide wether to tear into it to fix or if its time to retire the old gal and by another, only issue i have in buying a new one is coverting to the ultra front end and the rest of douglas changes

Blizzard has been a great blade for me ive bought her when she was 2 and have had her on both my 97 chevy and my 06 ford i didnt thing she would make it the the next truck but i hate to see her go

Gues im a little atached

17. newlooklandscp

from Midwest

If everything else is good on the blade just replace the mold board. They are no that much money. I actually ended up getting a whole new plow out of the deal. Just going to keep this one for parts now. Im not a big fan of the new models ... hence I have (2) 2011 trucks with ph1 units still lol

18. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

Ken, do you want to sell the PH1 stuff off of this plow? Everything from the claw to the quadrant.

19. newlooklandscp

from Midwest

The blade has already been disassembled and in parts on my shelf. Keeping everything except the mold board which will go to the scrap yard for beer $$$$.

20. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

Can I come and help drink the beer?