1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Damage to Truck

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by KenFred, Jan 27, 2004.

1. KenFred

KenFred Junior Member

When plowing what causes the most damage to your truck?

Thanks.
    :dizzy:

2. ih82plow

ih82plow Senior Member

The most complaints I have heard are body damage from backing into something

And then tranny problems

3. 04superduty

04superduty PlowSite.com Addict

i second the transmissions problems, followed by front end issues.

4. lawnkid

lawnkid Senior Member

Usually cars that are covered completely with snow are hard to see so sometimes we back into them. We also have 10 foot concrete walls the you can slip into. Ususally it's just poles, cars, and walls. Still never hit a building yet ( knock on wood) *

5. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

the tranny if you service it 1 a year mounts thats just normal wear and tear body damage is a big thing

6. edshipp19

edshipp19 Senior Member

Funny i did a bit of all three types of damage this past storm

7. DJL

DJL Senior Member

IMO, DRIVERS cause the most damage to a truck. I'm sure concrete walls, lightpoles, other cars (although not in all cases), etc., do not jump out at the truck. More than likely it is operator error.

8. NJ Plowman

NJ Plowman Senior Member

My guys keep hitting those damn pedestrians !!! :angel:

They are murder on my trucks...keep getting teeth and hair stuck on my plow blades !!! :eek: