1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Damage first time out this year !!!!!!

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Eyesell, Dec 5, 2005.

1. Eyesell

Eyesell 2000 Club Member

Hope this dosen't happen to anyone else, be careful backing up !!

Tailgate & Bumper Overview 1.jpg

2. Eyesell

Eyesell 2000 Club Member

Here's another of just how messed up the bumper is

Downview of Bumper.jpg

3. Eyesell

Eyesell 2000 Club Member

another after I took the bumper off, guess I was lucky my BOSS spreader was off being repaired or something like that :cry:

Fortunately it didn't hit the brackets that hold the hitch for the spreader.

Mangled Bumper.jpg

4. Eyesell

Eyesell 2000 Club Member

Last one with it naked LOL, probably won't get fixed till spring, can't be without truck.

Second thought was to just get dealer to order new bumper, tailgate and parts before hand and then take it in for one day vs. leaving it while they get parts, just a thought.

Overview with no bumper.jpg

5. NEPSJay

NEPSJay Senior Member

oh dude....that sucks the biggie.... Hope you can fix for cheap.

6. dirt digger

dirt digger Senior Member

OUCH...guess those reverse sensors didn't do too well...was it a lightpole?

7. watchamakalit

watchamakalit Member

you should be able to have the dealer order parts and when they get them they will want your truck for a couple of hours to make sure the paint matches. THen they will need it to install. Most deallers will work with you on stuff like that. Might be worth giving them a call.

8. Eyesell

Eyesell 2000 Club Member

Yeah, big one, had sensors off :cry: :dizzy: little snow in morning, cleaned them and never have problems again, just forgot to turn them back on, what a "friggin idiot"

9. PipeGuy

PipeGuy Junior Member

Second thought? Dude, what will an unprotected rear end collision cost to repair?

10. vipereng2

vipereng2 Senior Member

ouch that sucks :nono:

11. flykelley

flykelley 2000 Club Member

Eyesell these are my thought too, you need to get a bumper back on that truck ASAP. You could be sitting at a red light like I was last winter and get rear ended.:yow!:

Regards Mike

12. All_Clear

All_Clear Senior Member

I'd agree, could be looking at alot or some really expensive damage if someone/thing were to hit the back now. Almost be better to have the bent one back on rather then nothing. Sorry to hear about your truck.

All_Clear

doh.png

13. ksland

ksland Senior Member
    from ma

Fit it, fix it now..... Your insurance won't cover a new bed or frame damage because you didn't fix your bumper. Thats why they call it a bumper... It takes the bumps. It is suppose to fold up, it did its job. A taigate and bumper are easily replaced items... Probably $700 DIY and your good to go. Order the parts, bring them down with the truck to match the paint, then they can paint them.... just pick them up and put them on yourself. Take you 1 hour of your time total.

14. NoFearDeere

NoFearDeere PlowSite.com Addict

Ouch, bet you had a few off color words....:realmad: :realmad: You need to get that new bumper asap. Here in Illinois, you will get stopped and ticketed for not having a bumper; I don't know about Michigan...

15. Sweetpete

Sweetpete Senior Member

I am truly sorry for your accident. Nice truck, though. I really hope it gets fixed soon and with VERY minimal cost to you. I can feel your pain.

One other thing....I don't know why I didn't think of this myself, but you are a GENIUS having those reverse sensors on your truck. I've seen them before and never once gave thought to them for snowplowing. That is just plain and simple...pure genius.

I'm going to look into getting them myself. It would probably be worth it if it keeps me out of just 1 rearend accident.

But again...I feel for you!!:(

16. All_Clear

All_Clear Senior Member

On a lighter note those back up lights didn't break, you did a great job at mounting those.

I know here in Indiana they will pull you over and either ticket or written warning (had an old 77 dodge that the bumper rusted off) Cop gave me a written. I'd say it's pretty well nation wide, some may not enforce it as much as others.

17. PremierLand

PremierLand PlowSite.com Addict
    from detroit

damn that sucks. Nothing is going your way. First your spreader and then this. Ouch

18. Big Dog D

Big Dog D PlowSite.com Addict

Beat me too it! Same thought that I had as soon as I saw the first pic! Feel for ya though, I did the same type of thing to my 03 F-250 (no sensors though) when I first got it in Dec of 02, it only had 500 miles.

19. kingriver

kingriver Senior Member
    from alaska

Dang, I really feel for ya,, really nice truck, just alittle customized. Be smart and get a bumper on asap, bumpers are alot less expensive then medical bills. Hope that all works out for you.:cool:

20. PremierLand

PremierLand PlowSite.com Addict
    from detroit

Ya I'd get that fixed too.

As soon as a cop sees that, he'd prolly pull you over for Defective Equipment.