1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Dam weather

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by motodad, Jan 28, 2012.

1. motodad

motodad Member
    from midwest

Yesterday I wake up and sent the salt truck out and by the time they where done salting it was already melting so this morning looks to be about the same temp so I hold off about an extra hr ( dont want to piss anyone off you know) temp dropped alittle so I send the trucks out again to salt and yep same thing warmed up while pulling into the last lot we didnt even salt then the sun came out. I really hate the "hurry up and salt before it melts" thing lol.

2. JTVLandscaping

JTVLandscaping Senior Member

Whether it warms up or not,those seasonals are paying for that salt, so they're getting it. This year for me has had horrible timing. It comes in about 7 or 8pm, snows lightly until about 4am. So I wait it out. Go out at 4 and get done salting at about 7 or so, then go to bed. Do that 3 times in a short time, and now my body is awake til then. Nobody else in the world is up right now...it gets boring. And the world judges you if you sleep past 9am on weekdays.

3. jhall22guitar

jhall22guitar PlowSite.com Addict

Anytime its snowing at night I cant sleep, the downside is if theres no work to be done, and school is still on, I cant sleep. :realmad: