1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Dam Newbie Drivers!

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Wesley's Lawn, Jan 28, 2003.

1. Wesley's Lawn

Wesley's Lawn Senior Member

Im sorry I just have to vent I guess, Heres the storie. I was out on Friday last week at my power equp dealer talking and I left my truck at home and took the van. Well on friday my sister took her drivers test and passed. Well my mom took her home and then she had to go to nursing school, so my sister is home alone. We guess what happen........She takes my truck keys out of my room off my desk and decides to go take my truck for a joy ride. Well it had snowed the day before and the roads were all slippery and what not. Well shes not use to driving a big vehical with a V8 and shes down on the throttle and she gets lose and smashes the right front tire into a a 90 deg curb and throws the whole front end out of wack, She hit it so hard that the clamps for the tie rod ends moved. Now i need to go pay fifty dam dollars to go get a front end alignment and may have to replace some tie rods.
    Now i am going to start taking my keys with me. Atleast she didnt hit someone or smash the truck up. :realmad: :nono: :mad: :(

2. SnowGodFather

SnowGodFather Member

Make her pay.

After you whoop her tail

3. Wesley's Lawn

I belive i am going to do that but of corse like most girls her age shes broke and doesnt have a job,:rolleyes: . Hum maybe i should make her shovel for me so she can work it off at 5 cents an hour.:D

4. SnowGodFather

SnowGodFather Member

Damn great idear, slave labor, nothing like employing the family.

5. Wesley's Lawn

Yea tell me about it my younger cuz always begs me to let him work with me he is like u can just pay me 20 bucks for the day lol.
    :D

6. CARDOCTOR

CARDOCTOR PlowSite.com Addict

PUT A SHOVEL IN HER HAND TELL HER TO WORK IT OFF

A LITTLEHARD WORK NEVER HURT ANYBODY

CARDOCTOR

7. A.L. Inc.

A.L. Inc. Member

sister

Wesley- This reminds me of the time my sister backed right in to the passenger door on my old 86' GMC. I was loading my equipment on the trailer, she was late for work, and didn't bother looking while backing up. I made her pay for a used one from a junkyard. The thing was bright "school bus" yellow. I had to drive around for a few days like that, too. She felt bad, so she also painted the door for me.
    This was 6 years ago and she is still a terrible driver.

8. wyldman

wyldman Member

Time to get one of those anti-theft devices,where you have to push a certain button,or wave a little microchip near the dash,before the truck runs.Most insurance co's will foot the bill too_Only you will know how to start it.

oh....and make her pay off whatever damage she did.

9. fordman

fordman Senior Member

I agree, make her work it off. I bet she wouldn't take the truck again after doing a little slave labour.

10. bds landscaping

bds landscaping Junior Member

i agree make her work it off but wate for a big storm when your out all night

11. sno-mover

sno-mover Senior Member

Sorry, but your probly going to need a little more than just an alignment:(

12. PINEISLAND1

PINEISLAND1 PlowSite.com Veteran

darn kids... just cannot trust anyone under 17, eh ?

13. PINEISLAND1

PINEISLAND1 PlowSite.com Veteran

14. Wesley's Lawn

Yea sure PINEISLAND1 i agree wiht you if your talking bout ppl under 17 and noot 17 lol, Actually sno-mover my truck is pretty dam tough truck being a 1 ton, I look at it and so did my dad and i was suprised nothing was bent.

15. sno-mover

sno-mover Senior Member

You'd be surprised at what can bend, a quick way to check if the wheel is back guage the gap between the tire and fender with your hand, this will give you a rough estimate. I would still get bolth front wheels ballanced.

16. sno-mover

sno-mover Senior Member

As far as it being a one ton, and everything being tough, that may be true, but remember, curbs dont move,you'd be surprised at what can bend, a quick way to check if the wheel is back guage the gap between the tire and fender with your hand, this will give you a rough estimate. I would still get bolth front wheels ballanced.

17. Wesley's Lawn

Yea i know sno-mover il have it done when i get the front end done and il haven check to see if its bent.