1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

dam...i busted all kinds of stuff (e60)

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by jslawncare, Jan 29, 2009.

1. jslawncare

jslawncare Member

On the last storm my plow blade fell to the ground and busted the top cap. Upon further investigation today I realized the threaded holes for the cover where also ripped right from the sump. NOT COOL!

So im gunna order a sump base, studs and cover from angelos along with a master kit.

My question is what could have caused this? i was driving down the street when it happened. My dad thinks I clipped the snow bank on the side of the street...possible i guess. I also want to point out i have the slick stick and keep finding myself holding it in the up position to long..im still getting used to the stacking. however no stacking at that job

and my drop speed is actually kinda slow it dosent even come close to slamming down.

another question is after i reasemble it will the pressure need to be set. would places just set pressure?

thanks again guys!

PS It broke on the last job 2 miutes from home...ill start bringing a jack now just incase LOL

2. 04sd

04sd Senior Member
    from pa

That's not really good for it especially if the pump pressure is set to high. Here, read the service manual for your pump while you wait for the parts to arrive... http://www.meyerproducts.com/upload/forms/1-667%20R7.pdf

3. archer39

archer39 Member
    from PA

if your cross over relive was set to high and you hit something (snow bank while driving) i would think that would be the weekest link and be the first place for the pressure to go.

and yes you will have to reset the pressure. 2200 psi for the operating pressure and 3800 (if my memory serves me right) for the cross over relief. if you going to rebuild it you might as well set the pressures. It is easier than rebuilding and only takes a few mins with two people.

4. jslawncare

jslawncare Member

what gauges do i need to set the pressures and where do they hook up....i have a friend who owns a automotive repair business so he most likely has what i need...i just need to know what i need

5. archer39

archer39 Member
    from PA

you need a gauge that reads up to 3800 psi. i got mine from harbor freight. Hook into the passenger side power angle coupler. If you search my post i made a thread about this a few weeks back.

6. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Sydenstricker Landscaping PlowSite Veteran

The reason the 60 is runnin slow with that slick stick is they react much faster to the touchpad set up. My E60 is pretty quick on my truck and I run the touchpad.

7. 04sd

04sd Senior Member
    from pa

????, What does that have to do with a broken pump? And why do think a Slik Stik would be slow? It's a mechanical switch, it's either on or off.

8. jslawncare

jslawncare Member

dosent seem slow 2 me...

9. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Sydenstricker Landscaping PlowSite Veteran

nevermind............

Last edited: Jan 30, 2009