1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Dam bushes

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by lawncare3, Feb 3, 2003.

1. lawncare3

lawncare3 Junior Member

I hate bushes in the way of the snowblower. I was using the snowblower in about 6-8" this morning and it crushed the bushes is there anything i can do to fix this? There is no other place to blow it and I don't have enough money for a truck & plow. I also don't have enough accounts to justify the cost. Any input GREATLY appreciated.

2. wyldman

wyldman Member

I'm not quite sure I understand the question.Is the snowblower hitting the bushes,or the weight of the blown snow damaging them ?

If the blower is hitting them,or eating them up,then stay away from them,might have to use a stick plow instead.Tying them back may also help.

If the snow blowing on them is crushing them,then either blow the snow up and over them,or blow it further down or up the driveway to where you can discharge it safely.Maybe your blower just isn't strong enough to blow it that far ?

3. A.L. Inc.

A.L. Inc. Member

Lawncare- I think your best bet would be up front with the client. When you initially meet with them, look for things like this, and explain your situation and what may happen to the shrubs. If they have a problem with it, explain that it will be significantly more expensive if you have to shovel.
    I do mostly residential driveways and have seen situations like this, and many times the shrubs will come back up, even after a heavy snow load.
    As time goes on, I think you will get better at spotting potential problems at sites, and sometimes it is better to walk away. JMO, Mike

4. lawncare3

lawncare3 Junior Member

Thank You

Thnaks for the replys. I will look for these pronlems nextime. My snowblower does go pretty far but, in this heavy wet snow it is harder to go very far I have a (2 stage) if that helps any. Thanks,
    Chris