1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Dakota Snow Blade

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by smenchhofer, Nov 17, 2009.

1. smenchhofer

smenchhofer Junior Member
    from in

Ayone use the Dakota Snow Blade? Does it really work? Worth the 90.00?

2. I'llPLOWYou

I'llPLOWYou Member

i havent used one yet but i just ordered 2 of them. If you call and talk to the guy he will come down on the price. I got 2 for $70 each. I talked to a bunch of people that had used them and they all loved them and said they really are as easy as they look to use.

3. snocrete

snocrete Banned

YES!!!!!!!......but i think I paid less than 80/each to my door for 4 of them this year (Russo Equipment) . That is a little more than I paid the first time around, which was at the beginning of last season. On 4 inches or less they rock. I dont have the part #, or a picture, but I replaced the wheels on one with steel wheels w/ bearings from TSC last year. I will try and take a pic 2moro of it & post it. Other than one of them getting a cracked wheel last year, they held up great. Its not a do all shovel, but a must have tool for MY walk crew.

I carry one in my truck all winter, hoping not to use it;), but when I do I'm sure glad its there.

4. snocrete

snocrete Banned

Oh, and I forgot to mention....they cut my walk crew route time almost in half on 4 inch and under storms.payup

5. snocrete

snocrete Banned

Found a pic of a couple of my dakotas....not a close up of the wheels, but as you can see the one with red rims is the pimped out unit. Also looked up the part # for those 4139055 - 6 x 150 1/2 BD Rubber Wheel @ TSC ( tractor supply company).

snow shovels.jpg

6. I'llPLOWYou

I'llPLOWYou Member

snocrete, I am interested in finding out why you replaced the wheels? I just purchased 2 units that have not arrived but if the wheels are gonna be a problem I will swap them before the first event. Is the the only weak point in this unit? Your help is appreciated!

7. snocrete

snocrete Banned