1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Dakota pushplate problem

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by vwaltdog, Dec 15, 2015.

1. vwaltdog

vwaltdog Junior Member

Hi I was wondering I could get some help here with my problem. I just bought a used Fisher minute mount plow. I was excited because it has a 6'8" blade so it's nice and compact, but bigger than the homesteader. Turns out the headgear is 26" and the push plates are 30" apart! Is there any way to convert either the push plates or the headgear. I really want to use this plow but I can't help but feel I got totally screwed. The truck is a 07 Dodge Dakota. The plow is a Minute Mount #93170. I believe it was manufactured in 1998.

2. Ramitt

Ramitt Senior Member

So what you are saying is the truck mount doesnt match the plow? Right?

3. vwaltdog

vwaltdog Junior Member

yes it's about 2 inches off on each side

4. Ramitt

Ramitt Senior Member

Did you buy the truck mount plates new or used? Im thinking you go the wrong ones

5. vwaltdog

vwaltdog Junior Member

the push plates are correct what I found out was the plow I bought was only used on s-10 and some ford rangers

6. Ramitt

Ramitt Senior Member

I'm not familiar that well with fishers but you might be able to swap out the headgear to the correct one you need. Ask the mods to move this to the fisher section. You will get better coverage there as far as what your options are now