1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

dakota fuel pump ??

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by groundbreakers, Apr 9, 2011.

1. groundbreakers

groundbreakers Senior Member

i have 98 dakota 4wheel 5.2l other morning went to fill up truck 2 mins after leaving gas station .. the truck just suddenly died .... you can here the fuel pump activate but thats it ... checked out the emissions module under hood works fine no blown fuses ... rented OBD2 showed only emissions code ... truck still wont start ... can fuel pumps still activate without pressure ?

2. festerw

festerw Senior Member

It would be possible for it to run but not be able to produce enough pressure. 1st easy test would be to pull the relay and jump power directly to the pump and try and start it. If that works start looking at the ASD relay and find out if it is allowing power.

Check out the 2nd gen Dakota forum at Dodge Forum .

3. DAFFMOBILEWASH

DAFFMOBILEWASH PlowSite.com Addict

I would bet water in the fuel..... This time of year is bad with all the melt downs and older pumping stations. It could be the fuel pump but I have a feeling its not. Dodge fuel pumps almost never go bad.