1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

dainels speed hitch? (all in 1 mount)

Discussion in 'Daniels Plows Discussion' started by elite1msmith, Nov 7, 2010.

1. elite1msmith

elite1msmith 2000 Club Member
    from chicago

does anyone have a newer mount that has all 3 points that just plugs inthe the hitch with no welding?

i have a plow that had the orginal speed hitch stollen , im gonna need it this year, and im debating on if i want to weld to my hitch or just buy there set up. the truck its gonna go on, is going to be short term...ill be picking up another in dec/jan which it may end up on the that truck....not sure, so the idea of being able to switch from 1 truck to another quickly would be nice..

is there any cons to this set up..anybody run both?

2. elite1msmith

elite1msmith 2000 Club Member
    from chicago

another question, im tring to make sure that i can still open the tail gate on my truck.

if i made a mount, that used two hydro cylinders, mounted out by the reciever arms... say 6-8 inches above the arms, and then the cylinder came down on an angle towards the plow, does anyone see a problem with that? im just wondering because the orginal mount would have the cylinder pushing straight down, applying all its force down, this would be at like a 35-40 degree angle, and some of the force would be pusing outward instdead of down, I knwo snowman uses this type of method, but i also cant say that the snowman website has good clean pictures of the plow scrapping... daniels will normally almost peal up pavment which is the way i like it